Roxio interferring with Windows Media Player 10?

ralittle2

Question

I tried to burn a music CD earlier today. I was listening to music in WMP at the time and drug a few files over to burn a CD. When I tried doing it nothing happened except a message saying that it was finished. I realize that this is pertaining to WMP, but then I noticed that Roxio Drag to Disc seemed to be active and it was Roxio that was showing a "could not eject CD due to being in use".

I'll be glad to provide any pertininent details, but not sure what to provide.

I'm using XP on a Pentium 4. IE7 and Roxio Media Creator 9.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I tried to burn a music CD earlier today. I was listening to music in WMP at the time and drug a few files over to burn a CD. When I tried doing it nothing happened except a message saying that it was finished. I realize that this is pertaining to WMP, but then I noticed that Roxio Drag to Disc seemed to be active and it was Roxio that was showing a "could not eject CD due to being in use".

I'll be glad to provide any pertininent details, but not sure what to provide.

I'm using XP on a Pentium 4. IE7 and Roxio Media Creator 9.

Thanks in advance.

Go to Windows Control Panel Add remove program and change V9 to remove drag to disc unless you really need it for short term saving of information. In that case, close it from your open programs at the bottom of your computer. Also go to msconfig and then the start-up tab. Uncheck it, reboot, and acknowledge. You will still have it available for when you want it but it will not be active all the time.

In addition, I found (with WMP11 for it to recognise that there is a blank CD in the drive so it will burn) that even with Drag to Disc not loaded on startup, I had to right click on my burner drive in Windows Explorer, click Disable Drag to Disc for this drive. Unfortunately it resets itself on every startup.

Archived