• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating Lightscribe Label

gordonwd

Question

Going into Label Creator from the LP Assistant and selecting a Lightscribe template (Quick Content or Quick Title), I find that I can't put anything on the disc outside of a narrow band that is outlined in thin blue lines. It will apparently only print the content that is within this narrow region, and I can't find anyplace to change it.

What is going on? Is this a limitation of the Lightscribe template? I'm trying to expand it so I can print the title in a larger font.

Also, if I burned the CD with the "Include CD-text on CD" option, why can't Label Creator read the track list from this data? The LP Recording Assistant apparently does not export the track list to Label Creator, even though I have entered all of the album and track data.

Is 8.0 any better in this respect? For what it's worth, this part of the product is pretty lame compared to competing products.

4 answers to this question

Adding a little to what Bruce suggested (Pick your Lightscribe burner as the printer), you will have to have programing on the computer where the that program will recognize the Lightscribe drive. Otherwise it will only show printing to a regular parallel printer (LPT1). If you have a Lightscribe drive, and I assume you do, you can download for free the program for recognizing the drive. Or possibly you already have that option from the computer manufacturer and their propritory label progaming for the Lightscribe drive.

I have not used my Lightscribe drive to burn labels through my EMC 8 or 7.5 programs, but Lightscribe's program (free download from their website) sure works the best for me. And as suggested has quite a few default label templates as suggested already.

Frank...

I believe you are picking one of the templates that will write only that thin ring. Just pick one of the normal templates (perhaps one you used before and liked) or use one of your images on your computer (lightscribe.com has more templates if you want them). If you are using your own image, I suggest a busy one with lots going on. Pick one that will look god in monochrome because light scribe burns the dye to create the image in the original color on the disc and darker shades. I used a picture of a bunch of flowers that covered the image and the lightscribe "label" was great. You may want to go to the lightscribe web site and see that there are labels of different sorts - including the thin ring.

Going into Label Creator from the LP Assistant and selecting a Lightscribe template (Quick Content or Quick Title), I find that I can't put anything on the disc outside of a narrow band that is outlined in thin blue lines. It will apparently only print the content that is within this narrow region, and I can't find anyplace to change it.

What is going on? Is this a limitation of the Lightscribe template? I'm trying to expand it so I can print the title in a larger font.

Also, if I burned the CD with the "Include CD-text on CD" option, why can't Label Creator read the track list from this data? The LP Recording Assistant apparently does not export the track list to Label Creator, even though I have entered all of the album and track data.

Is 8.0 any better in this respect? For what it's worth, this part of the product is pretty lame compared to competing products.

:)

I am having the same issue, and I cannot change the template. How do you change the template?

:)

I am having the same issue, and I cannot change the template. How do you change the template?

You can pick any "full" template that you want. Just don't pick a LightScribe template, because the ones supplied with the software are narrow band templates.

When you go to "print" the label, you pick your LightScribe burner.

Archived