Zapper

Slideshow skips a heap of photos

Question

I have been trying to create a DVD with movie and video clips, slideshow, dubebd audio etc. I have several menus with mainly video clips hanging off them and one slideshow. When I preview the entire production from within MyDVD all is well.

All is great until I try and play the DVD in a set top player. The movies, intro, auido etc all play fine except for teh slideshow. It is a big heap of photos (512 in fact) and at photo 100 it jumps over several hundred photos and picks up about 20 from the end.

Is there a limit on the number of photos in a slideshow? If not, what do I do to resolve my issue please? I am using SP as the format for the playback and it uses about 2.8GB of a 4.7GB DVD. My media are from Verbatim and are -r. The DVD burner is a Lite-On SOHW 8125. WinXP is all updated.

The only snag I have had is with this jumping from photo 100 to near the end of the 512 photo slideshow. The audio jumps as well fo course but I have tried it without the audio as well and it still jumps.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers and merry Christmas,

Zap

15 answers to this question

I have been trying to create a DVD with movie and video clips, slideshow, dubebd audio etc. I have several menus with mainly video clips hanging off them and one slideshow. When I preview the entire production from within MyDVD all is well.

All is great until I try and play the DVD in a set top player. The movies, intro, auido etc all play fine except for teh slideshow. It is a big heap of photos (512 in fact) and at photo 100 it jumps over several hundred photos and picks up about 20 from the end.

Is there a limit on the number of photos in a slideshow? If not, what do I do to resolve my issue please? I am using SP as the format for the playback and it uses about 2.8GB of a 4.7GB DVD. My media are from Verbatim and are -r. The DVD burner is a Lite-On SOHW 8125. WinXP is all updated.

The only snag I have had is with this jumping from photo 100 to near the end of the 512 photo slideshow. The audio jumps as well fo course but I have tried it without the audio as well and it still jumps.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers and merry Christmas,

Zap

You used Slide Show Assistant? It is limited to 99 photos. Use VideoWave to create your production.

Thank you Bruce, you answered my question as well. Just curious- where did you find out the fact that you can only use up to 99 pictures? Is that on the manual included on the disc? Thanks again!

Thank you Bruce, you answered my question as well. Just curious- where did you find out the fact that you can only use up to 99 pictures? Is that on the manual included on the disc? Thanks again!

I never used the Assistant. I have always used VideoWave. I read about the 99 picture limit in other posts.

I never used the Assistant. I have always used VideoWave. I read about the 99 picture limit in other posts.

Is the quality of the stills preserved using Videowave? I have just split my production into 5 slideshows as they are Wedding photos and wanted them to be as nice as possible.

Many Thanks for your help Bruce,

Rgds,

Zap

Is the quality of the stills preserved using Videowave? I have just split my production into 5 slideshows as they are Wedding photos and wanted them to be as nice as possible.

Many Thanks for your help Bruce,

Rgds,

Zap

You will lose some quality, but I couldn't tell on any of my slide shows. You have to be the judge whether or not they are still up to your standards.

Do a test burn, and see if you like it.

I had the same problem - I think it is a glitch in the software - It is impossible to get through to Roxio - This is software with no support!! - To get around the problem, create your slideshow and check PAN AND ZOOM TO ALL. It is on the screen after you have added the slides and the audio. When I did that it solved the problem. The bad news is I didn't want to PAN AND ZOOM.

I had the same problem - I think it is a glitch in the software - It is impossible to get through to Roxio - This is software with no support!! - To get around the problem, create your slideshow and check PAN AND ZOOM TO ALL. It is on the screen after you have added the slides and the audio. When I did that it solved the problem. The bad news is I didn't want to PAN AND ZOOM.

To get around the problem, build your production in VideoWave. You won't need to use pan and zoom at all.

Pan and zoom is okay for a slide here or a slide there, but I don't like it on all slides.

To get around the problem, build your production in VideoWave. You won't need to use pan and zoom at all.

Pan and zoom is okay for a slide here or a slide there, but I don't like it on all slides.

I'm having the exact same problem. Using VideoWave directly is an "ok" workaround, but the assistant is easier to use for us newbies. Unless this was a stated limitation, my question is when will it be fixed??

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem. Using VideoWave directly is an "ok" workaround, but the assistant is easier to use for us newbies. Unless this was a stated limitation, my question is when will it be fixed??

Thanks

You would have to ask Roxio, but once you do one production in VideoWave, you won't go back to a goofy assistant. I did my very first production in VideoWave, in a previous version, where there was no assistant.

You would have to ask Roxio, but once you do one production in VideoWave, you won't go back to a goofy assistant. I did my very first production in VideoWave, in a previous version, where there was no assistant.

Thanks for the advise. It did work correctly from VideoWave, so I'll play around with it so I can get more proficient.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the advise. It did work correctly from VideoWave, so I'll play around with it so I can get more proficient.

Thanks again!

You are welcome. Half the fun of creating productions is experimenting with the software. Along with that comes a lot of frustration too. lol

You used Slide Show Assistant? It is limited to 99 photos. Use VideoWave to create your production.

Thanks I did not know about that limit in slideshow creator also. With DVD it I use to experence simmiler problems. I have also found out that lowering the bitrate on the DVD can help with slide show errors. I love the sonic products. I am a freelance wedding videoagrapher in south bend.

Thanks I did not know about that limit in slideshow creator also. With DVD it I use to experence simmiler problems. I have also found out that lowering the bitrate on the DVD can help with slide show errors. I love the sonic products. I am a freelance wedding videoagrapher in south bend.

You are welcome. You can create/edit your slide shows in VideoWave and output them to a DV-AVI file, then use that file in DVDit Pro. That is what I do.

I've been having a very similar problem to the origianl one in this topic, however instead of skipping slides in the slideshow, it freezes every now and again. I have to hit the fast forward button to keep it going every time it happens. Previewing it before burning comes out fine. I even created the slideshow in VideoWave after reading this topic the first time but it doesnt seem to have fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

I've been having a very similar problem to the origianl one in this topic, however instead of skipping slides in the slideshow, it freezes every now and again. I have to hit the fast forward button to keep it going every time it happens. Previewing it before burning comes out fine. I even created the slideshow in VideoWave after reading this topic the first time but it doesnt seem to have fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

You didn't say where you were playing it??? Sounds like a Player/media issue.