No Audio When Capturing Tv Or Video

ace451

When I try to set the audio input selection to tv card under Advanced settings, it reverts back to a different input, and I hear no audio even during preview. I have already tried setting audio properties in Control Panel to tv card, but it doesn't make any difference. Music plays fine as do ALL other programs - no audio problems. Can anyone help, please.

When I try to set the audio input selection to tv card under Advanced settings, it reverts back to a different input, and I hear no audio even during preview. I have already tried setting audio properties in Control Panel to tv card, but it doesn't make any difference. Music plays fine as do ALL other programs - no audio problems. Can anyone help, please.

Hi Ace451, i had to get a small double ended ear phone plug and have it channel the line out from the TV card to the Line in on my sound card , becouse some tv cards dont pass though the sound to the Sound card...

it is a cheap item to get but it may help....

PS: i say this in the open form of? , i have no idea what hardware you are running,,,,

If posable post a list of your make, model, OS, Service pack ,, ect as part of you signiture and it makes it easyer to work out a fix and a reply...

give me some feed back....

Good luck

Hi Ace451, i had to get a small double ended ear phone plug and have it channel the line out from the TV card to the Line in on my sound card , becouse some tv cards dont pass though the sound to the Sound card...

it is a cheap item to get but it may help....

PS: i say this in the open form of? , i have no idea what hardware you are running,,,,

If posable post a list of your make, model, OS, Service pack ,, ect as part of you signiture and it makes it easyer to work out a fix and a reply...

give me some feed back....

Good luck

Thanks Rydall for the reply.

I'm using a HP Media Center m7070n with v6 of ECDVD Creator. I hear sound from the tv card through Media Center and also when using WinDVD Creator. I get video when previewing tv in ECDVD but no audio. The audio must pass through to the sound card as I have audio then.

The problem lies within ECDVD. I can't make the tv card the audio source since it won't keep the setting. I guess I will give up on ECDVD to record thru the front input jacks and the tv input card. WinDVD works fine.

rah1962

Archived