• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy CD & DVD Burner

non

After spending the past 2 nights reading and trying stuff here- I decided to just ask...

I bought the Easy CD & DVD Burner and when I try to burn my DVD, the box comes up to burn, but the destinations are grayed out...along with the rest of the boxes- ONE TIME they were not but I could not get it to burn- the message was that there was no media in the destination (but there was!)

The burner is ATAPI DVD+RW 4x4x12 that I have never used to burn a DVD-It works fine otherwise- The rest of the programs by Roxio show this devise and use it...

I am running WinXP and have NOT updated to IE7.0-

Can you help me get this thing to show my burner? I need to get some Christmas gifts finished!!

Thank you!!

non :-)

After spending the past 2 nights reading and trying stuff here- I decided to just ask...

I bought the Easy CD & DVD Burner and when I try to burn my DVD, the box comes up to burn, but the destinations are grayed out...along with the rest of the boxes- ONE TIME they were not but I could not get it to burn- the message was that there was no media in the destination (but there was!)

The burner is ATAPI DVD+RW 4x4x12 that I have never used to burn a DVD-It works fine otherwise- The rest of the programs by Roxio show this devise and use it...

I am running WinXP and have NOT updated to IE7.0-

Can you help me get this thing to show my burner? I need to get some Christmas gifts finished!!

Thank you!!

I figured it out! The DVD-r blanks that I bought will not play in this burner! For some reason, they just sit there and are not recognized- when I put a regular cd-r in there, everything comes back....guess I'd better buy a different brand....

Hmmm.....you never know- and I have alot of work to do!

non

Hello I would be interested to know if you have done all the updates to the programme. I was having problems. One time doing DVDs, after I did the updates. It seemed to fix the problem. This may not be your problem, but was just wondering.

At the moment I am going to be updating to the latest version. So I am just passing on my knowledge that I do here and there is some help here.

Michelle

Easy CD & DVD Burning is a re-issue, and has all relevant updates included.

However, your burner is from the days BEFORE plus and dash were both on the same burner. It will not be able to recognize the DVD dash discs you are trying to feed it. You will have to buy some DVD plus discs, which should solve your problem. (And for what you want, AVOID the RW kind.)

Lynn

Thanks! Another trip to Walmart.....LOL!!!

:D

I appreciate the help- I'll let you know-

BTW, the Maxell DVD-R disc I bought are not recognized in any program, so I will try the "+" solution-I would have never guessed that one! :huh:

Cross your fingers for me! I don't have many days left til Christmas! LOL! :)

non

Wellllll ... there is, I suppose, buying a newer burner that can use both plus and dash, but then you need to make sure it isn't TOO new (some people have had problems with this aging program recognizing really new DVD/DL burners) :) and then there's how to install it, and the system requirements :huh:

And a pack of blank discs is a lot less expensive :D

Just avoid Memorex - I've seen more complaints about Memorex than all other brands combined.

Lynn

I made a DVD!! :D:D

Before I got to read this, I DID get a package of Memorex( :huh: ) DVD+R and I had no problems...amazing!

Pereviewing the DVD on the TV, there is a little bit of distortion between the voice and the video, but I will figure this out....I am so excited that it worked!! Trying to save some old video on tapes that are starting to go bad- :D

Thank you again-

non :)

I made a DVD!! :D:D

Before I got to read this, I DID get a package of Memorex( :huh: ) DVD+R and I had no problems...amazing!

Pereviewing the DVD on the TV, there is a little bit of distortion between the voice and the video, but I will figure this out....I am so excited that it worked!! Trying to save some old video on tapes that are starting to go bad- :D

Thank you again-

non :)

I'd suggest at your earliest convenience, you get some other brand. Meanwhile, make an .ISO of your new disc, and burn a couple more Memorex discs of it - they shouldn't all go bad at the same time.

Did you capture as DVD AVI or as MPG?

Lynn

V6 only captures as AVI unless another capture program was involved.

You never listed the specs of your PC but a couple of things that will help are to defrag your HD before burning.

Another trick is to Burn to File (ISO) rather than directly to disc. Then use Builder to Burn the file to disc, under the File menu. For whatever reason, this seems to produce a better burn and is something we advise even in V9.

I made the movie in Movie Maker thinking (duh!) that I could burn it from there- I just dragged it over to DVD Builder after I made the movie....(I love the intro) I changed the encoding to "automatic" since the dvd was almost 4GB in length and I got "the warning"-I will try changing it back to low compression and see how that does since it is the recommended setting- I will try to burn another tonight after I clean and defrag-

Thanks for the help- I am excited to finally get to learn this- I have been making movies in my computer for years but only to view on a computer, so this is really fun for me- I started out with Ulead 4.0 and my little Dazzle input devise!

It sound like you are a very happy with what you are doing now. I have been using that software for about two years, and I remember I had quite a few problems when I first started making my first DVDs. It can be a lot of fun, but time-consuming and frustrating at times. Enjoy your self from my experience 4 GB of the maximum you can get onto the disk using that program, using low compression. What I did, I Should it with dazzle software, and then did the editing and used the program to assemble the DVDs. My software that came with my dazzle could capture in mpeg-2 good luck in the future. Michelle

It really wasn't mentioned before but file size is a meaningless measure in video work… Video is measured in Time. V6 has the following limits:

60 minutes at Low Compression, Est Project Size 3.385gb

95 minutes at High Compression, Est Project Size 3.354gb

You can't cheat it, you can't get around it, those are the limitations!

The High Compression produces a horrible picture that no one will want to look at, so it is best to leave your Compression set at Low. (Auto will simply flip to High Compression as soon as 60 minutes is exceeded and gives no warning)

From V7 on, there are workarounds allowing up to 2 hours of low quality but still better than the High Compression results.

Archived