Vcd - I Know No One Uses This Anymore But Still Have ?

vincihr77

Question

I have been using ECDC5 to make VCDs but had many issues with the VCDs skipping and not being able to watch them on my standalone DVD player (I could watch some but not all). When I was watching them I was able to fast forward and rewind the video.

I updated to EMC8 and am still creating VCDs but now I can't fast forward or rewind. I try to fast forward or rewind and then push Play and it just sits there on a still picture.

I know no one uses VCDs anymore but I don't have a DVD burner and can't get one at this time so this is my cheap way of doing what I want to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Heather

1 answer to this question

I have been using ECDC5 to make VCDs but had many issues with the VCDs skipping and not being able to watch them on my standalone DVD player (I could watch some but not all). When I was watching them I was able to fast forward and rewind the video.

I updated to EMC8 and am still creating VCDs but now I can't fast forward or rewind. I try to fast forward or rewind and then push Play and it just sits there on a still picture.

I know no one uses VCDs anymore but I don't have a DVD burner and can't get one at this time so this is my cheap way of doing what I want to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Heather

Unless this is the same Player you had before, it sounds more like a Player compatibility issue. I have seen cases where it will play a movie but if you attempt to fast forward or jump to the next chapter it freezes or starts at the beginning again.

Another thought would be media compatibility. Verbatim seems to be consistently rated top notch. Along those lines, maybe slowing the speed of burn down to 4x or so might help.

Wish I had more to offer, but last 2 Players will simply not play any VCD…

Archived