• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Multiple Copies in Creator Classic Problem

Pete in Florida

Question

I needed to burn several copies of the photos from the Company Christmas Party. I went to Creator Classic, Data and dragged the data pics in. I inserted a CR-R disc, clicked on "Burn", the "Burn Setup" box opened up. I clicked on "3" copies and Clicked "OK". The "Progress Information" box opened and showed the progress of the burn. It burned the first disc, the disc popped out and than the progress box said "Current task: Please wait (100%)" and froze. The yellow "Progress Bar" said Disc 2 of 3.

The older versions of Roxio that I have used said "put in next disc and click OK" and the next disc would start to burn until all of the discs were burned. The first Disc plays fine, I just can't do more. I hit cancel to try to get out of the window and it's frozen. I have to use "control, alt, delete" and pull up the task manager to End the Task.

There appears to be no way to burn Multiple copies.

Help, P

18 answers to this question

I needed to burn several copies of the photos from the Company Christmas Party. I went to Creator Classic, Data and dragged the data pics in. I inserted a CR-R disc, clicked on "Burn", the "Burn Setup" box opened up. I clicked on "3" copies and Clicked "OK". The "Progress Information" box opened and showed the progress of the burn. It burned the first disc, the disc popped out and than the progress box said "Current task: Please wait (100%)" and froze. The yellow "Progress Bar" said Disc 2 of 3.

The older versions of Roxio that I have used said "put in next disc and click OK" and the next disc would start to burn until all of the discs were burned. The first Disc plays fine, I just can't do more. I hit cancel to try to get out of the window and it's frozen. I have to use "control, alt, delete" and pull up the task manager to End the Task.

Help, P

It's more work but I find burning to an image file then using Disc Copier to burn multiple copies. I've never tried what you are having trouble with. Should work the way you suggested but make sure you have the firmware for your burner updated.

TOC is Table of Contents (the part of the disc that stores the file structure - like the FAT (File Allocation Table) on a hard drive

'ISO' just refers to ISO 9660 (the standard for optical imaging)

All you need to do really is to insert the source (or a folsder with the files somewhere handy on the hard drive) and run up the program (I use Creator Classic) and click on 'Burn'. You should then get a box with burn options - tick the bit where it says 'Save disc image file' and it should write the file to wherever you want it saved. Open the resulting file with Disc Copier and insert a blank - all you have to do after that is keep clicking on burn and re-inserting blanks

It's more work but I find burning to an image file then using Disc Copier to burn multiple copies. I've never tried what you are having trouble with. Should work the way you suggested but make sure you have the firmware for your burner updated.

Thanks for the input. I just want to do what the Roxio Software is suppose to do. If it asks "How many copies" and than doesn't do it, it's a roxio problem. The firmware for the burner is up to date. It will burn the first one, just not go to the second AND it freezes.

By the way, I upgraded from Vs 8 after only having it for a month because of problems in 8 that were suppose to be fixed in vs 9.

Again, Thanks for your input

:angry:

Well I am glad to hear others are having the same problem. My drivers are all up to date. I have applied 2 patches given me by roxio. I have reloaded the program after going thru the complete removal of Roxio (3x). Including their step by step entering the registry and deleting crap. Also the complete deleting of all temp files as per their instructions. And no to make 50 copies I have to burn one, then reload the original and do it all over again from scratch. They have a lot of fancy stuff in the software but they neglected to put in the foundation when they built it, able to burn more than one copy of all the work ya do in it.

So this is what ya get for being someone who actually pays for a program...The Shaft.

Here are my error codes in pic. Comes up on the 2nd copy. Well when it trys to make a 2nd copy :D lol.

Do they sell a plugin to make the program run right. Is that the ticket?

Roxio, fix this problem.

ErrorScreen.jpg

Am I pissed, ya, why not , they got my money and did not deliver.

My two cents worth - I use Disc Copier to try to burn multiple copies. I have the ISO of the image I want. I have two drives, and I want 6 copies. Under 'Advanced Copy' it allows me to set it up perfectly - it tells me which drive needs multiple discs and its all very slick.

I press OK and things start to go bad straight away - it goes of and starts 'compressing' (what, exactly - the ISO is already as I want it.) This takes a while, then (finally) the disc lights come on and the progress shows two bars, one for each drive. And when the first two discs are done, they pop out and the progress changes to Disc 3 of 6 - Current Task: Please wait (100%)

And there it stays - I put the next disc in, I take the next disc out, I put them in and I turn it all about. I cancel the app (it still responds to cancel the first time) Even the create label button works in this state. But it won't resume burning the discs.

So it is not just the one app the original poster ran - it is also the Disc Copier that suposedly can deal with ISO's ( and still, why the lengthy 'compression phase' when the ISO is all ready to go onto the disc with exactly the bits needed? No TOC required, or any other analysis)

I am getting a lot frustrated with this whole suite.

Mark.

Thanks for the input. I just want to do what the Roxio Software is suppose to do. If it asks "How many copies" and than doesn't do it, it's a roxio problem. The firmware for the burner is up to date. It will burn the first one, just not go to the second AND it freezes.

By the way, I upgraded from Vs 8 after only having it for a month because of problems in 8 that were suppose to be fixed in vs 9.

Again, Thanks for your input

I tried a small data disc with 5 photos and set the number of copies to 2. After the first one was completed, it was ejected and I inserted another disc and while the system did not freeze, nothing happened. I allowed it to sit untouched for 1 hour. Something is wrong!

post-79-1166036037.jpg

I'm getting the same as Beerman:

I thought it was a Vista issue (I'm on the RTM version of Vista Ultimate) but I guess not. Sigh. I'll try the ISO image way of doing things to see if that works, although for anything less than about 4 copies, it's probably more mouseclicks than just doing one at a time!

I tried a small data disc with 5 photos and set the number of copies to 2. After the first one was completed, it was ejected and I inserted another disc and while the system did not freeze, nothing happened. I allowed it to sit untouched for 1 hour. Something is wrong!

post-79-1166036037.jpg

Just as a 'by the way' - in all the years and all the versions of all the CD software I've used - I never ever did get the multiple copy thing to work.

As Paul says, most of us use an iso image and just copy from that (that's how the multi-copy program works really - it creates a temporary image and calls that every time)

:angry:

Well I am glad to hear others are having the same problem. My drivers are all up to date. I have applied 2 patches given me by roxio. I have reloaded the program after going thru the complete removal of Roxio (3x). Including their step by step entering the registry and deleting crap. Also the complete deleting of all temp files as per their instructions. And no to make 50 copies I have to burn one, then reload the original and do it all over again from scratch. They have a lot of fancy stuff in the software but they neglected to put in the foundation when they built it, able to burn more than one copy of all the work ya do in it.

So this is what ya get for being someone who actually pays for a program...The Shaft.

Here are my error codes in pic. Comes up on the 2nd copy. Well when it trys to make a 2nd copy :D lol.

Do they sell a plugin to make the program run right. Is that the ticket?

Roxio, fix this problem.

Am I pissed, ya, why not , they got my money and did not deliver.

It is okay to be pissed and rant. If you want a refund, contact Roxio.

Just as a 'by the way' - in all the years and all the versions of all the CD software I've used - I never ever did get the multiple copy thing to work.

As Paul says, most of us use an iso image and just copy from that (that's how the multi-copy program works really - it creates a temporary image and calls that every time)

Pete's Reply. The original Roxio that I had, may have been vs 5 or so, would burn multiple copies with no problem. The data is already on my harddrive and it's just being burned multiple times. Why create a temp file. If it still shows up on the "Project" with all of the files listed and it burned it once from that list, it should be able to burn multiple copies.

Thanks for your input, Pete

I'm getting the same as Beerman:

I thought it was a Vista issue (I'm on the RTM version of Vista Ultimate) but I guess not. Sigh. I'll try the ISO image way of doing things to see if that works, although for anything less than about 4 copies, it's probably more mouseclicks than just doing one at a time!

post-79-1166036037.jpg

YES !!!

I'm glad to see that someone else is having the same problem with this buggy software!! For all of you who say "Make an iso image and use that to make multiple copies" I say WHY? Just an added wasted step.

If your data is in a folder on your hard drive you should be able to start Roxio Classic, drag the folder into the project menu, press the "Burn" button and select as many copies as you need....PERIOD! After the first one completes, the tray will open, a menu prompt will ask for the next disk, you stick it in and the software will automatically detect tray close and start the next disk burn. THAT'S how the old Roxio worked. THAT's how this version SHOULD work !

YES !!!

I'm glad to see that someone else is having the same problem with this buggy software!! For all of you who say "Make an iso image and use that to make multiple copies" I say WHY? Just an added wasted step.

If your data is in a folder on your hard drive you should be able to start Roxio Classic, drag the folder into the project menu, press the "Burn" button and select as many copies as you need....PERIOD! After the first one completes, the tray will open, a menu prompt will ask for the next disk, you stick it in and the software will automatically detect tray close and start the next disk burn. THAT'S how the old Roxio worked. THAT's how this version SHOULD work !

You are correct, but as you can see, that isn't the way it is working now. Hopefully, a patch will be coming out, shortly, that will fix it.

Pete's Reply. The original Roxio that I had, may have been vs 5 or so, would burn multiple copies with no problem. The data is already on my harddrive and it's just being burned multiple times. Why create a temp file. If it still shows up on the "Project" with all of the files listed and it burned it once from that list, it should be able to burn multiple copies.

Thanks for your input, Pete

The Project is simply a list of things to do. The temp file is all of those things plus the TOC, read in and read out and other things necessary for a burn.

You don't want it to have to recreate the temp file every time it burns another copy… Whereas the ISO is essentially that Temp file saved and ready to burn.

Help, P

Well, I've been having the exact same problem. I note that this thread started waaaaay back in December of 2006 and here it now is almost July of 2007 and there are still no EZC9 patches of any kind little lone one specifically for this issue. It would seem that Roxio expects me to just buy their Version 10 upgrade hoping that it will solve the problem.

I am with you Paul; this is completely unacceptable product support. Does anyone from Roxio support ever read these forums? Do they even care their product doesn't work? How can there not be a patch for a significant problem that has been around for over 6 months?

Roxio - are you listening? This bug needs to be fixed. I'm not going to simply spend another $100 to upgrade your POS software simply to get a bug-fix...

Disgruntled Roxio Customer,

Matt Dralle

Roxios-A-POS-MultpleDiscError.jpg

As yopu pointed out - this thread dates back to December and no-one has responded since then so you're a shade out of date

The multiple copy issue is one that is well known and has been reported to Roxio a long time ago.

The work round is to make an image file on the hard drive and use that for subsequent discs - after all, you do have to manually change the disc anyway, so all you do is pop in a new disc and fire up disc copy again

As for remarks addressed to Roxio - your best approach there is to contact Customer Support - this is a users' forum and that's all you are addressing - other users ;)

As yopu pointed out - this thread dates back to December and no-one has responded since then so you're a shade out of date

The multiple copy issue is one that is well known and has been reported to Roxio a long time ago.

The work round is to make an image file on the hard drive and use that for subsequent discs - after all, you do have to manually change the disc anyway, so all you do is pop in a new disc and fire up disc copy again

As for remarks addressed to Roxio - your best approach there is to contact Customer Support - this is a users' forum and that's all you are addressing - other users ;)

Thanks for the reply. As a number of people suggested, I just tried making an ISO image of my compilation and then using Roxio Disc Copier instead to make mutiple copies across multiple CD drives as I did with Creater.

The result? Exactly the same as before. It burns one "set" - e.g. however many CD Drives are attached - then ejects the discs and then hangs, requiring a termination using Task Manager.

So lets say I have to burn 100 copies of this particular image, which I happen to have to do. Now I have to burn four (that's how many drives I have attached), kill the program, start it again, burn four more, kill it, etc etc etc. This is rediculous... What a POS...

Matt

The Project is simply a list of things to do. The temp file is all of those things plus the TOC, read in and read out and other things necessary for a burn.

You don't want it to have to recreate the temp file every time it burns another copy… Whereas the ISO is essentially that Temp file saved and ready to burn.

Pete's reply. Thank you very much for your input. I'm sorry, the terms TOC and ISO are beyond me. I guess what is irratating to me is if you read the manual (or the Help) and it tells you how to do the function and it won't do what the manual says, than something's wrong. Imagine getting into your car and putting the key into the ignition, turning the key (just like the owner's manual says) and nothing happens. We would have the car towed to the dealer and say fix it. If the dealer says, "well it doesn't say it in the manual BUT you have to turn on the windshield wipers, than blow the horn twice before it will start" we'd say NO, FIX IT. We won't tolerate it in our other products, why in our software.

Roxio goes into great detail of how to do each step and it won't work. I don't need all of the reasons why their product won't do WHAT THEY SAY IT WILL. Do you suppose they test every phase and feature and just say "OH WELL." Why does the consumer have to figure out how to make it work instead of ROXIO just MAKING IT WORK LIKE THEY SAY IN THEIR MANUAL. No turning on the wipers or anything. Just work.

By the way, the first roxio product that I had WOULD do it (Multiple Copies) without having to set up a ISO or TOC or &*#@ file.

Sorry for going off, I just believe the product should work like the manufacture says it will, whether it's software, kitchen appliances, cars or anything.

Again, Thanks for your input and I guess I'll call ROXIO today so I can enjoy the "Software writers Dance Around".

Sincerely, Pete

Archived