• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Popcorn2 crashing

woopit

Question

Popcorn keeps crashing when I am trying to burn a dvd. It burns for about 3 mins and then crashes.

I have read a couple of posts on here with people having the same problem, and in some cases was

attributed to the media they were using. I am using Sony disks, but have had no problems burning

these with other programs. I have read that Verbatim is recommended... any others? I haven't run

across these in my local stores.That being said, I was wondering... does one have to have Toast 7

installed to in order to play nice with Popcorn 2? Thanks for any responses.

3 answers to this question

Popcorn works fine without Toast 7 installed and crashing is rare.

Try choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu instead of clicking the burn button. If that goes well then burn the disc image using the Image File setting in Popcorn. Sometimes this works best.

Thanks Santee, I will give it a try. However, re: the Toast question. I should have elaborated... I have Toast 6 and Popcorn 2... any conflicts that U R aware of with that?

Popcorn works fine without Toast 7 installed and crashing is rare.

Try choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu instead of clicking the burn button. If that goes well then burn the disc image using the Image File setting in Popcorn. Sometimes this works best.

Thanks Santee, I will give it a try. However, re: the Toast question. I should have elaborated... I have Toast 6 and Popcorn 2... any conflicts that U R aware of with that?

None, unless you had them both open at the same time and pointed at the same disc drive.

Archived