• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating DVDs to play on playstation 3

monte1985

Question

Hi . Does anyone know if you can use this program to make dvds that will play on the Playstation 3?? I tried to make a couple using blu ray BD-Re disks but when i put them to play in the playstation they day invalid disk . Someone told me to try switching to different formats but i dont see that option . Let me know . Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Playstation 3 does not currently support BDMV on BD-R. They have some sort of authoring house firmware which does feature this support (but disables game support), so they are aware of the issue. I see on the stand alone Sony BD player upgrade page, they say they will have a firmware update to support most discs created using the BD-R(RE) format.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl...3&mdl=BDPS1

Hopefully we can look forward to the same support for the PS3. In fact, as PS3 owners, I would demand it. BDMV on BD-R is legal, they need to support it.

1st Gen Samsung and Panasonic are the ones that currently support BDMV on BD-R. I have also heard of someone taking a disc over to a Magnolia and successfully playing it in a floor model of the Pioneer Elite...but that may not be the shipping version.

Does it support BDMV on a BD-RE? If not, what does it support just BDAV on BD-R/RE? :)

Playstation 3 does not currently support BDMV on BD-R. They have some sort of authoring house firmware which does feature this support (but disables game support), so they are aware of the issue. I see on the stand alone Sony BD player upgrade page, they say they will have a firmware update to support most discs created using the BD-R(RE) format.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl...3&mdl=BDPS1

Hopefully we can look forward to the same support for the PS3. In fact, as PS3 owners, I would demand it. BDMV on BD-R is legal, they need to support it.

1st Gen Samsung and Panasonic are the ones that currently support BDMV on BD-R. I have also heard of someone taking a disc over to a Magnolia and successfully playing it in a floor model of the Pioneer Elite...but that may not be the shipping version.

Archived