Rendering - no sound

Ksue44

Question

I have previewed my movie in videowave. The pictures looked great. The text (I added that in the internal tracks). Then I added audio. In the production editor in Videowave, I clicked on preview, the pics, text, and music were awesome. No issues there.

I went to output my movie. I clicked on the reel. Here are the choices I made:

Destination = Video file

Purpose = NTSC

Video file quality = MPEG-2 for best quality

Normalize Audio = I checked the box

File Name = Botswana 1

C:/Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Videos

I clicked on Create Video File

The pictures and text were awesome. However, there was no sound. In the rendering process is there suppose to be sound?

Please advise. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I have previewed my movie in videowave. The pictures looked great. The text (I added that in the internal tracks). Then I added audio. In the production editor in Videowave, I clicked on preview, the pics, text, and music were awesome. No issues there.

I went to output my movie. I clicked on the reel. Here are the choices I made:

Destination = Video file

Purpose = NTSC

Video file quality = MPEG-2 for best quality

Normalize Audio = I checked the box

File Name = Botswana 1

C:/Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Videos

I clicked on Create Video File

The pictures and text were awesome. However, there was no sound. In the rendering process is there suppose to be sound?

Please advise. Thanks!

There should be in the end product. Are you saying that the MPEG2 doesn't have sound, when you play it?

Bruce,

I went to my files, and under video, I clicked on Botswana 1 production. I clicked on the video clip and played the entire video through. Guess what? There's sound! I feel so stupid asking this question. I've been reading these forums left & right; as well as following the instructions to a "T", but the book doesn't always tell you what to expect.

My next question, is when I clicked on the video clip, it played in Windows Media Player. Is this suppose to happen?

I'd like to add a menu, should that be done in MyDVD? Honestly, I'm a little unclear as to where to go from here.

What about burning to disc, so far what I've read, it's not good to burn to disc directly, but to ISO.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've been happy with everything so far and really appreciate everyone's advice as well as these forums. They are a life saver.

There should be in the end product. Are you saying that the MPEG2 doesn't have sound, when you play it?

I'd like to add a menu, should that be done in MyDVD? Honestly, I'm a little unclear as to where to go from here.

What about burning to disc, so far what I've read, it's not good to burn to disc directly, but to ISO.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've been happy with everything so far and really appreciate everyone's advice as well as these forums. They are a life saver.

:huh: It sounds like you have it down... MyDVD is the next step. I find it is easiest on my slow machine to do just like you have done. (i.e. export from Video Wave and then add the completed file to MyDVD for menus and burning)

At some point, you may or may not want designate chapters. I have not done that yet, but supposedly it can be done in MyDVD.

:) One last thing, I found it was easiest to burn to a hard drive first and ensure that the finished product is what you want. I guess it all depends on how much money you have to waste on archival quality DVDs...

Archived