• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
cdn1972

Copy Question

Guest ml
I recorded direct to disc a Tv special and want to copy the sound track for a short section, will Movie maker let me do this?

I'm sorry, but you haven't given enough information for me to give you a yes or no answer.

Roxio's Movie CREATOR will let you 'extract' the complete sound track from video that is in a form that the program can read. It won't let you extract only a portion of the audio. It will import video from a DV Camcorder or it can use video imported through a video card or a webcam.

Later versions of Easy Media Creator will import video from a DVD, but it will not import copy protected DVDs or certain types of files recorded on DVD recorders.

If you're asking about Windows Movie Maker, I don't use that program so I don't know what it can do.

I have a bad habit of saying Movie maker when I mean Movie Creator. What if I was to capture the recorded DVD through my capture card like I plan to for my VHS tapes? Or is the burned DVD in a format that still will not be regognised? Allthough I guess I still can not seperate the video from the audio right?

Guest ml

Frankly, I don't know if the DVD is in a format that will be recognized by the program or your capture card. You're just going to have to try it and see.

If the program will recognize the file, you can right click on the video in the program and 'extract' the audio. However, it will extract ALL the audio and you'll need to trim it in another program.

Later versions of the VideoWave program ( which is Movie Creator) will capture from non copyrighted DVDs and have audio editing programs. The newest version Easy Media Creator 9 captures more types of video. You can learn more about it at www.roxio.com. Make certain that you read the computer specifications and the features included. I think the downloadable version contains a 30 day money back guarantee.