• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ALL SYSTEMS GO?

Linus

Question

I just have ONE QUESTION: Does ANYONE have a GOOD, CLEAN install of EMC 9 with NO problems, NO difficulties and NO hang-ups??? If so, would those people PLEASE step forward and instruct, advise, guide or assist the REST of us poor unworthy ones in obtaining your secrets?? What are the REST of the unwashed masses doing wrong? Or... is this just a REALLY BAD PIECE OF SOFTWARE??? :)

2 answers to this question

I just have ONE QUESTION: Does ANYONE have a GOOD, CLEAN install of EMC 9 with NO problems, NO difficulties and NO hang-ups??? If so, would those people PLEASE step forward and instruct, advise, guide or assist the REST of us poor unworthy ones in obtaining your secrets?? What are the REST of the unwashed masses doing wrong? Or... is this just a REALLY BAD PIECE OF SOFTWARE??? :huh:

I did. But, on 1, I had to reformat and reinstall my OS first to get it to work. No, you shouldn't have to do this but I didn't have time to mess around.

On a second machine, I first removed all Roxio/Sonic software, rebooted then ran RegSeeker to clean out the registry entries, rebooted again and made sure all the directories that had anything to do with Roxio or Sonic were deleted. Also, I made sure that the following folders did not exist:

C:\program files\roxio

c:\program files\sonic

c:\program files\common files\roxio shared

c:\program files\common files\sonic shared

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Roxio

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Roxio

Finally, check for IE cookies with Roxio or Sonic the folder

c:\documents and settings\username\cookies

Then, install.

I usually find have at least one cold adult beverage between reboots helps a lot too. :)

Linus - EMC9 works for the majority of users out of the box. If it didn't - this forum probably wouldn't be able to handle the load. Although it may 'appear' from the forum postings that a lot people are having trouble, in reality it is a very small percentage of the entire number sold.

I have acutally uninstalled and reinstalled EMC9 many times trying to duplicate problems posted here, but EMC9 has always run smoothly for me. I've installed it for friends and relatives with no problems, too. I think it boils down to each individual machine, hardware drivers and Windows updates. You also need to keep your machine clean - malware, trojans, antivirus software, etc. Do complete scans weekly. When video editing, keeping the hard drive defragmented helps, etc. Just general computer maintenance.

Archived