How do I enter support ticket?

kirkifer

Question

13 answers to this question

:)

Nope, I have never had a Roxio or Sonic product (to my knowledge anyway) loaded on my machine... In fact, I just reformatted my OS HDD trying to get everything re situated...

I did install the Content CD... The funny thing is that I can see all of the background theme options, which proves that at least some of the content disc loaded properly. I can right click on a "button" and get the styles like the portholes and other crazy stuff, but I can not see them through the change button menu.

Is there any particular file I can pull off of the content CD ? Which file will contain these items and where would it be on my HDD?

Some facts:

- download content disc is 109 folders/3269 files, so (practically) identical to retail CD

- I've checked a few button styles- there's problem with every one, but a bit different than with Bouquet- the files are on the disk, but they are improperly referenced: the disk letter is wrong, it refers to C: drive, while on my PC EMC is in d:\apps\ (so they are wrongly referenced as c:\apps\...). But only some files are referenced this way.

- Bouquet is special in the fact that really some files are missing from the disk. The files seem not to be in .cab, but install process can rename them, so it doesn't indicate anything 100%. I wonder if Bouquet being afair also included in EMC9 Trial has anything to do.

So it seems there are 2 problems:

- some files are not installed

- variable substitution for .xml files has problems.

I am loooking for people without the problem with button styles AND:

- who have download version

- who have download version AND NOT installed to drive C

X.

I have exactly the same problem :)

So far I've determined that there are probably some problems with .XML files for buttons, referring to nonexistent files OR some files has not been installed.

Could someone with working button styles dialog check if he has the following files on disk (when opening Button Styles dialog, MyDVD tries to access them, but they are not on disk):

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_home.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_home_selected.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Overlays\Masks\Bouquet-K2_chap_btn_mask.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_chapter_frame.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_chapter_selected.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_forward.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_forward_higlight.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_backward.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_backward_higlight.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_upward.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_upward_selected.png

X.

These files are NOT present after unpacking content disc (download version)!!!

BTW, as no "bouquet" files are present in unpacked content disc (and I have some on disk), maybe they are included in "main" file? I have no way to completely unpack it.

BTW2, how to enter support ticket???

BTW3, content disc downloadable version is 336MB. How much data is on real disc (should be close, as contains hardly compressible data)?

X.

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_home.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_home_selected.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Overlays\Masks\Bouquet-K2_chap_btn_mask.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_chapter_frame.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_chapter_selected.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_forward.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_forward_higlight.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_backward.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_backward_higlight.PNG

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_upward.png

\Roxio\VideoUI 9\Content\Buttons\Bouquet-K2_upward_selected.png

:) Hmmm, I have some files named Bouquet, but I do not see any of these files. HEY ROXIO... What is up?

Something is amiss. The XML file clearly has the '-K2' in the button filename. Yet the actual button filename does not.

It shows up, but when I try to use it, nothing happens. I can no longer select the button or main title text. The app isn't locked up though. I'll pass this along.

post-49-1166076071.jpg

To make things clear (especially regarding ggrussell's post)- the thing is not about 'bouquet' files only.

The problem is about ALL button styles showing up as 'red stop' sign.

I have chosen 'bouquet' as a sample only. All button styles have the same problem on my PC.

X.

These files are NOT present after unpacking content disc (download version)!!!

BTW, as no "bouquet" files are present in unpacked content disc (and I have some on disk), maybe they are included in "main" file? I have no way to completely unpack it.

I just checked with winrar - they're in the cab file on the Program CD as you guessed. Winrar will open both the download exe and the .cab file for manual extraction (right click on the .exe and 'open with')

BTW2, how to enter support ticket???

I dunno to be honest (never had to do it)

BTW3, content disc downloadable version is 336MB. How much data is on real disc (should be close, as contains hardly compressible data)?

467 MB in 109 folders with 3271 files

Archived