• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD capture results in audio out of sync

ktaustin

Question

I have a home DVD recorder that I've used to record some DVD-RW discs. When I capture these onto my computer the audio lags behind the video by a fraction of a second (but very noticeable). I was having this issue with EMC 7.5, and am now still having the problem running EMC 9 trial. I'm glad I tried the trial version, because if I cannot resolve this issue I'm not going to bother buying it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I have a home DVD recorder that I've used to record some DVD-RW discs. When I capture these onto my computer the audio lags behind the video by a fraction of a second (but very noticeable). I was having this issue with EMC 7.5, and am now still having the problem running EMC 9 trial. I'm glad I tried the trial version, because if I cannot resolve this issue I'm not going to bother buying it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

It is not a software problem if it displays the same symptom using two different software versions…

You have never posted your system specs but it would appear that Software Rendering, HD space, defragmenting, etc. are what you should be looking into.

It is not a software problem if it displays the same symptom using two different software versions…

You have never posted your system specs but it would appear that Software Rendering, HD space, defragmenting, etc. are what you should be looking into.

So it's not a software problem because it displays the symptom with 2 different versions of the SAME PROGRAM? It would only make sense to say it's (probably) not a software problem if it displays the same symptom using 2 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. Which by the way it doesn't. I tried a trial version of Nero 7.5 and it captures fine, keeping the audio in sync. It also manages to burn the same avi's to DVD with no playback hangup issues that I get with EMC 9 (I mentioned this in another post). So obviously it IS a software problem, with EMC. I didn't want to have to switch over to a new user interface, but if Nero can at least make a working DVD without sound sync issues and playback hangups, then I'll take the time to learn the new program. Goodbye Roxio.

So it's not a software problem because it displays the symptom with 2 different versions of the SAME PROGRAM? It would only make sense to say it's (probably) not a software problem if it displays the same symptom using 2 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. Which by the way it doesn't. I tried a trial version of Nero 7.5 and it captures fine, keeping the audio in sync. It also manages to burn the same avi's to DVD with no playback hangup issues that I get with EMC 9 (I mentioned this in another post). So obviously it IS a software problem, with EMC. I didn't want to have to switch over to a new user interface, but if Nero can at least make a working DVD without sound sync issues and playback hangups, then I'll take the time to learn the new program. Goodbye Roxio.

Have a good day.

Archived