• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc8 + The Content Disk Is A Bomb In A Box!

lou2247

Question

I had problems with EMC7, but ROXIO did help me get it up and running within a week of purchasing it. It's a great little program! Monday, I purchased EMC8 from Office Depot. It came with an INSTALL disk and a disk labeled "CONTENT". The CONTENT disk was suppose to give me premium content. After successfully installing, but not running EMC8...I gave the CONTENT disk a spin in my CD-ROM. Sheesh...the CD-ROM wouldn't read it and then the CD-ROM, for all practical purposes, went invisible. It was a nightmare. I started getting error messages about ordinal 968 and the dynamic link library. McAfee went bannas with warnings and that's was just the beginning. I realize that by the time most people get here they've already been dog bit. My warning to anyone purchasing EMC8 is be prepared to spend more time working to get your system back to normal than you do using it. The in-the-box version is a nightmare!!!!!!! It took me an entire afternoon to get my PC stable. Unless I can get some real answers this is the last ROXIO/SONIC product I'm going to purchase!!!!!

disappointed again,

LOU

6 answers to this question

I'm still trying to resolve the issues my system/existent programs/drivers have with EMC8. This is my third attempt and I've managed to resolve some of the issues. On the lastest install I get the following error message:

TITLE: PRISMSVR.EXE - Ordinal Not Found

TEXT: The ordinal 968 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll

This error occurs as the Windows desktop is displaying. Once I close the window it does not close again. Apparently, PRISMSVR.EXE is making a call for the dll file and cannot find it.

Has anyone run into this problem? If so, did you find a solution.

thanks,

lou

I had problems with EMC7, but ROXIO did help me get it up and running within a week of purchasing it. It's a great little program! Monday, I purchased EMC8 from Office Depot. It came with an INSTALL disk and a disk labeled "CONTENT". The CONTENT disk was suppose to give me premium content. After successfully installing, but not running EMC8...I gave the CONTENT disk a spin in my CD-ROM. Sheesh...the CD-ROM wouldn't read it and then the CD-ROM, for all practical purposes, went invisible. It was a nightmare. I started getting error messages about ordinal 968 and the dynamic link library. McAfee went bannas with warnings and that's was just the beginning. I realize that by the time most people get here they've already been dog bit. My warning to anyone purchasing EMC8 is be prepared to spend more time working to get your system back to normal than you do using it. The in-the-box version is a nightmare!!!!!!! It took me an entire afternoon to get my PC stable. Unless I can get some real answers this is the last ROXIO/SONIC product I'm going to purchase!!!!!

disappointed again,

LOU

McAfee is your problem. Do a search of these forums.

disappointed again,

LOU

Did you have to post twice to explain?

The installation of EMC 8 seemed to go well until after I rebooted. I'm now getting the message

Prismsvr.exe The ordinal 968 could not be located.......I've tried using the RXfilter as was suggested but that did not cure the problem. Too bad really as my 5 Platinum was working fine even with SP2. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this.

Archived