• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

FunMarge

Calendar Software

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good calendar software? Here are my requirements:

1. Import personal photos.

2. Be able to type "events" on dates.

3. Events are saved to that date so they don't have to be retyped the next year.

My wife makes photo calendars for our family members each year. She takes the photos down to Kinkos, shows them what photo corresponds to which month, she picks up the completed calendar, she physically writes down the events (birthdays, etc) onto the calendar, then she takes the calendar back to Kinkos to have it laminated. They turn out very nice, but...... besides costing $50 each (yes, that's not a typo) the time involved is amazing.

I know that most calendar software will do items #1 and #2 listed above, it's item #3 I'm concerned about. (This will be the time saving feature for us). We have Printshop Deluxe (version 20) but my wife does not like it. There are four disks with this program and you are constantly prompted to insert another disk.

I am sure that there are a lot of "greeting card" programs out there that will do this but I really only need the calendar software. Not to sound too cheap, but something under $20 would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good calendar software? Here are my requirements:

3. Events are saved to that date so they don't have to be retyped the next year.

My wife makes photo calendars for our family members each year. She takes the photos down to Kinkos, shows them what photo corresponds to which month, she picks up the completed calendar, she physically writes down the events (birthdays, etc) onto the calendar, then she takes the calendar back to Kinkos to have it laminated. They turn out very nice, but...... besides costing $50 each (yes, that's not a typo) the time involved is amazing.

I know that most calendar software will do items #1 and #2 listed above, it's item #3 I'm concerned about. (This will be the time saving feature for us). We have Printshop Deluxe (version 20) but my wife does not like it. There are four disks with this program and you are constantly prompted to insert another disk.

I am sure that there are a lot of "greeting card" programs out there that will do this but I really only need the calendar software. Not to sound too cheap, but something under $20 would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try broderbund Print Shop 21 or the Print Shop 21 Deluxe

Both would do what your looking to do. for 30 or 50 dollars I like the Deluxe

http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...+shop&ovtac=PPC

I was going to suggest Serif Page Plus. It's a great page layout program, and you can make a nice calendar with it, but you can't tag text and have it "stick" to the date. There's a workaround so you don't have to retype it all, simply create a separate text box for each item instead of typing in the date cell. When you update the calendar for "next year", the text items will still be there, you'll just have to position them on the right date. Once it's done the first time, the next year will be much easier.

You can find a free version at Serif's "free" web-site. It's a "basic" version of PagePlus 9.

have you tried the Calendar templates in Photosuite 8? Not sure if it has all those features, but I know you can add your own photos. Years ago, I used an app called Calendar Creator. Don't know if they still make it or not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did Google but was hoping for a "tried and true" recommendation. We have used a few calendar softwares in the past but the "carry events to the next year" feature eludes us.

Thanks again.

Guest mlpasley
....... but the "carry events to the next year" feature eludes us.

Do any of those calendar software packages have the ability to save the calendar as a 'TEMPLATE'?

That's how you'd carry the events from one year to the next. Once you've saved it as a template, you can change it, but the events will be carried over.

Do any of those calendar software packages have the ability to save the calendar as a 'TEMPLATE'?

That's how you'd carry the events from one year to the next. Once you've saved it as a template, you can change it, but the events will be carried over.

I feel like a student that has just been given homework. I will look into this. Thanks

Guest mlpasley
I feel like a student that has just been given homework. I will look into this. Thanks

Well, hopefully it won't carry the year over too. :)

I haven't worked much with calendar programs, so please let me know what you find out.

There is a product called Calendar Creator. I started using Version 4 'way back when...', and it is up to version 10 or greater now. It has the capability to do all your requirements. I use it every year to make 6 different family calendars.

The bad part --- Version4 was the better of all versions I tried. I always return to v4 after getting completely frustrated with v10.

Fair warning - V10 claims to do a lot, but is very restrictive on how to do stuff, and support is only through a user forum.

You should be able to find it fairly cheap at nothingbutsoftware.com.

It used to be a Broderbund product, but it has passed through several hands since.