• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Change size of CD case inserts

victor99

Question

Am unable to change the sizes of slim case inserts. How does one change the vertical and horizontal measurements to print labels which fit the case? I know that scissors can be used but that is not the object of the exercise! Any help will be appreciated. Barry in Hardy Country

5 answers to this question

Am unable to change the sizes of slim case inserts. How does one change the vertical and horizontal measurements to print labels which fit the case? I know that scissors can be used but that is not the object of the exercise! Any help will be appreciated. Barry in Hardy Country

Are you using Label Creator? What happens if you select new project and then slim case? What size paper did you select? Did you select show outline and then fold along the dotted line?

I don't have a printer connected to my Laptop where I have V8 so I can't check the results.

Have you tried going to File,Page setup and choosing commercial paper,then one of the 4 choices of pre-fab layouts?

A slim line case is the same size always.I would think that all 4 would fit just fine.The only difference may be the way they are fit on the paper and the initial coordinates for starting the print.Also after you hit print have you tried Preferences or Calibrate?

Have you tried going to File,Page setup and choosing commercial paper,then one of the 4 choices of pre-fab layouts?

A slim line case is the same size always.I would think that all 4 would fit just fine.The only difference may be the way they are fit on the paper and the initial coordinates for starting the print.Also after you hit print have you tried Preferences or Calibrate?

Dear Tbrewst,

All 4 standard slimline case inserts are sized at 13.8 centimetres by 12.9 centimetres at the Commercial Paper setting. The Memorex slimline cases which I have are sized at 14.1 by 12.9 (external size of case). The measurements for the inside front cover (the only place where details can go) are 12.2 by 12.2, the space is limited as there are 2 "runners" at 0.4 cms and 1.3 cms which would get in the way of the card. I do not use commercial cards but use plain white stationery cards to print on. Calibrate is rejected as not being available, due I think ,to the fact that the Roxio system will not allow the basic measurements to be altered. The Ruler in Label Creator is just there as an unalterable guide. The standard CD case inserts which I produce also have to altered to fit the case since the inserts I produce using the outline box checked are not the right size at all. In an ideal world you should be able to fit the final product without any trouble but we are talking of the Roxio world! The answer seems to be to go back to the box cutters etc. regards Barry.

Are you using Label Creator? What happens if you select new project and then slim case? What size paper did you select? Did you select show outline and then fold along the dotted line?

I don't have a printer connected to my Laptop where I have V8 so I can't check the results.

Dear Sknis, Thanks your reply. I use Label Creator with slim line case selected. Commercial Paper and printed outlines selected. Printed slim line case sizes are 13.8cms by 12.9cms for all 4 types ie AVERY 8954 etc. My Memorex slim cases are sized at 14.1 by 12.9 cms with the effective inside front cover area for the case insert being 12.2 by 12.2 cms. Selecting calibration does not work as the Roxio programme looks as it is set for a fixed (unalterable) production. Thanks for getting in touch. Back to the box cutters! Standard CD case inserts have the same size problem and have to be extensively trimmed to fit. I may be doing something wrong but I cannot see just what it is. perhaps the red mist is obscuring the view!

regards, Barry

Archived