• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound and Picture out of time.

Ourdream01

Question

7 answers to this question

If I play the DVD on my mac or TV it does the same thing but I can watch the orginal AVI file on my mac.

The video was nice and the sound was nice it gust did not go together. What would would you say is the best format for Toast. I have a few converters I can use.

It should have worked to place the AVI in the Video window and let Toast encode and burn the video DVD. Audio sync issues used to be a problem with earlier versions of QuickTime but are rare now unless there is something odd about the audio (such as when camcorders are set to record 12-bit rather than 16-bit audio). Your audio file is normal for a DivX video.

My reason for wanting you to play the video from a mounted disc image file is that it eliminates any possibility that the problem is due to the burning or playing of the disc. Give that a test.

Shucks, there go the easy answers. I'm presuming the audio sync problem happens when playing the DVD on your Mac with DVD Player. Did you choose Save as Disc Image? If so, mount the disc image and preview that on DVD Player. If not, go ahead and create a disc image now from the original DivX file.

I've seen audio gradually get out of sync but have not encountered audio that is a minute out of sync. What happens at the start? Does it play for a minute before the audio starts at the beginning?

The DivX file's resolution is unusual and doesn't correspond with 16:9 or 4:3 ratios. How did Toast handle the video encoding? Did it crop off some of the sides to present a full 16:9 or did it add black bars to adjust the image to fit a 16:9 screen? I'm just curious.

Shucks, there go the easy answers. I'm presuming the audio sync problem happens when playing the DVD on your Mac with DVD Player. Did you choose Save as Disc Image? If so, mount the disc image and preview that on DVD Player. If not, go ahead and create a disc image now from the original DivX file.

I've seen audio gradually get out of sync but have not encountered audio that is a minute out of sync. What happens at the start? Does it play for a minute before the audio starts at the beginning?

The DivX file's resolution is unusual and doesn't correspond with 16:9 or 4:3 ratios. How did Toast handle the video encoding? Did it crop off some of the sides to present a full 16:9 or did it add black bars to adjust the image to fit a 16:9 screen? I'm just curious.

If I play the DVD on my mac or TV it does the same thing but I can watch the orginal AVI file on my mac.

The video was nice and the sound was nice it gust did not go together. What would would you say is the best format for Toast. I have a few converters I can use.

Archived