Another Cannot Install Update Thread

butchn

Question

This is a good one.

I get a message telling me:

Theupgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.

Verify that the progam to be updated exist on your computer & that you have teh correct upgrade patch.

So I do have version 8, what gives?

3 answers to this question

Given the limited information you included in your post, I'm going to guess that you downloaded the 8.05 update and it will not install.

So you have v8, but you didn't list what build of v8 you have. Is it 800B85C ? That is the only build that the update will work for. If it's 801xxxx then it will not work and you will have to wait for another update to come out.

You can find your current build number by opening Videowave, Creator Classic, MyDVD, or Disc Copier and then clicking on help->about.

I realized I have the suite & the build #'s, & menu's are not the same as you posted above.

I figured I had V8 being it reads on the box Easy Media Creator 8!

And that's why it reads Newbie under my name!

This is a good one.

I get a message telling me:

Theupgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.

Verify that the progam to be updated exist on your computer & that you have teh correct upgrade patch.

So I do have version 8, what gives?

Given the limited information you included in your post, I'm going to guess that you downloaded the 8.05 update and it will not install.

So you have v8, but you didn't list what build of v8 you have. Is it 800B85C ? That is the only build that the update will work for. If it's 801xxxx then it will not work and you will have to wait for another update to come out.

You can find your current build number by opening Videowave, Creator Classic, MyDVD, or Disc Copier and then clicking on help->about.

I realized I have the suite & the build #'s, & menu's are not the same as you posted above.

I figured I had V8 being it reads on the box Easy Media Creator 8!

And that's why it reads Newbie under my name!

Hi Butchn, what larry is saying is that there is a lot of unknown infomation here, can you do all of us here a favour, and in your signiture post you computer, software specs.... service pack ect, and also as larry has said , there are many slight version differences out there , and he has asked if you can post the version you have , it is under the about tab in EMC (in creator clasic) and once we get that info we can try to work out what can be worked out for your issue, ("is your version the box version?, downloaded version?)

"do you have service pack 2 for XP on your system"? ect ect ...

as larry has said , the upgrade or service pack off this site is for one perticuler version of EMC8 and will not work on the other versions...

i know this is a little over load on info , but it will make a lot of sence for the rest of us here to help you...

post back with that info or as much as you can and we will all here see if we can help..

:huh::D:D:D:)

Archived