• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

We've got a problem Houston

Jim B

Question

When I try to open a previously saved audio production, the program hangs at the music disc creator startup screen. Had no problems a couple of days ago. The Two things I did between then and now was 1. install Boderbund Calendar Creator Platinum and 2. run a virus scan from Byte Defenders web site. It asked if I wanted to install an active x control (it was signed so I did). Things I've done to try to fix the problem. 1. Run Spybot and Ad-Aware and allowed them to do their thing. 2. Tried to repair the installation using the Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 disc. No luck with any of the above. Hopeing for some help/suggestions. TIA Jim Birke

8 answers to this question

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is something has damaged the install (written something that is causing a very severe hiccup)

I'd suggest you uninstall from add/remove programe, run the MS cleanup tool and reinstall

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

There is (or was) a Roxio ECD 8 removal tool somewhere - just can't for the life of me recall where

:)-->

QUOTE(Jim B @ Dec 17 2006, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I try to open a previously saved audio production, the program hangs at the music disc creator startup screen. Had no problems a couple of days ago. The Two things I did between then and now was 1. install Boderbund Calendar Creator Platinum and 2. run a virus scan from Byte Defenders web site. It asked if I wanted to install an active x control (it was signed so I did). Things I've done to try to fix the problem. 1. Run Spybot and Ad-Aware and allowed them to do their thing. 2. Tried to repair the installation using the Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 disc. No luck with any of the above. Hopeing for some help/suggestions. TIA Jim Birke

If you are sure it is not opening minimized, you can try this link. Read the instructions carefully.

I got this from Roxio support and it fixed this problem: (It might fix others.)

Go to your start menu

Select the run command

In the run command type regedit and click ok

WARNING THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING 'YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE To export a copy of your registry, please do the following

a Go to Start then Run, type regedit and click OK

b. Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor,

c. Click Export (Export range All should be selected).

d. Choose a Location (I used the desktop) on your hard drive and give the file a name.

e. Click Save.

Your registry should now be backed up in a reg file to the location you specified

a Double click the Hkey_Current_User folder this will expand or open the folder

b. Locate the Software folder.

c Locate the Roxio folder

d Right click on the folder and select delete

e Please exit the registry by choosing File from the top left hand corner of the window and click Exit.

Now try launching Music Disc Creator

Let us know how it works for you

Oh, It worked perfectly! Easiest computer fix I've ever done. I'll have to admit that when I saw all the stuff in the Roxio folder, I thought "God, do they really want me to delete this?" I held my breath, hit delete, and, presto, fixed.

B)-->

QUOTE(Jim B @ Dec 17 2006, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just had the same problem out of the blue-no system or software changes prior to hanging issue. Followed the post on repairing registry and worked perfectly. Only problem was that I had to reset all my options settings in Roxio as they all reverted to the defaults.

I got this from Roxio support and it fixed this problem: (It might fix others.)

Go to your start menu

Select the run command

In the run command type regedit and click ok

WARNING THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING 'YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE To export a copy of your registry, please do the following

a Go to Start then Run, type regedit and click OK

b. Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor,

c. Click Export (Export range All should be selected).

d. Choose a Location (I used the desktop) on your hard drive and give the file a name.

e. Click Save.

Your registry should now be backed up in a reg file to the location you specified

a Double click the Hkey_Current_User folder this will expand or open the folder

b. Locate the Software folder.

c Locate the Roxio folder

d Right click on the folder and select delete

e Please exit the registry by choosing File from the top left hand corner of the window and click Exit.

Now try launching Music Disc Creator

Archived