• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu duration control

bstreber@comcast.net

Question

4 answers to this question

The help information says the menu duration can be adjusted after clicking the Setings command under the View menu. Whether new or existing MyDVD 8 project, the settings command is always dimmed.

How can I increase the duration of "My Menu"?

Bernie

I do not believe that you can alter the menu in your version of MyDVD 8. I believe it is based on EMC 8 Suite where that was not available. Only the V8 Deluxe Suite and V9 (and some earlier versions) have the ability to change the duration. :) There is a disclaimer at the top of the help menu to that effect.

I do not believe that you can alter the menu in your version of MyDVD 8. I believe it is based on EMC 8 Suite where that was not available. Only the V8 Deluxe Suite and V9 (and some earlier versions) have the ability to change the duration. :) There is a disclaimer at the top of the help menu to that effect.

I would upgrade to EMC 9 if it could read and process EMC 8 project files that I have created, esp. MyDVD *.dmsd and VideoWave *. dmsm and *.dat files. I inquired earlier about EMC 9 backward compatibility reading and processing EMC 8 project files and they told me EMC 9 couldn't read them in all cases.

How can you expect to sell EMC 9 to existing customers???

Bernie

I would upgrade to EMC 9 if it could read and process EMC 8 project files that I have created, esp. MyDVD *.dmsd and VideoWave *. dmsm and *.dat files. I inquired earlier about EMC 9 backward compatibility reading and processing EMC 8 project files and they told me EMC 9 couldn't read them in all cases.

Bernie

The two versions don't have exactly the same transitions and effects. If you have used some in v8 that don't appear in v9 then it will not open because it doesn't recognize the different transitions and/ or effects.

Bernie

Thanks for your quick reply.

Well, that's a pretty feeble excuse. If it was my business I would assure complete backward compatibility.

Lacking that, Roxio should at least be able to list out the EMC 8 transitions that EMC 9 cannot support.

I used less than 10% of them for my 4 DVD DL Best shows and 2 DVD +R Best shows. Its way too much

to redo just for EMC 9!! I'm scanning 35mm slide collections for my family, plus others for recent digital photo events.

Bernie

Archived