• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Process stops at 97% PLEASE HELP!

Tiffany OSheal

Question

Hi,

I have been having major issues trying to burn a mydvd project to disk. It will encode the entire video and I can see it encoding and once it finishes it and starts to burn the menus or whatever else comes next, the overall progress stops at 97%...every single time. I'm not sure what else to do. It hasn't burnt anything to disk because every disk i've used is still blank. I've used the dvd burner on my brand new computer several times but following others posts, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the software and the drive. I'm not sure what else to do and I have to have the discs finished by Wednesday because they are christmas presents for our family of our wedding photos, etc.

PLEASE HELP!

Here are my system specs:

Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DIME521

AMD Athalon 64 X2 Duel

Core Processor 4200+

2.20 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

and I have about 250GB of hard drive

All of my drives are up to date

PLEASE HELP!!! :)

Thanks! Tiff

25 answers to this question

Hi,

I have been having major issues trying to burn a mydvd project to disk. It will encode the entire video and I can see it encoding and once it finishes it and starts to burn the menus or whatever else comes next, the overall progress stops at 97%...every single time. I'm not sure what else to do. It hasn't burnt anything to disk because every disk i've used is still blank. I've used the dvd burner on my brand new computer several times but following others posts, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the software and the drive. I'm not sure what else to do and I have to have the discs finished by Wednesday because they are christmas presents for our family of our wedding photos, etc.

PLEASE HELP!

Here are my system specs:

Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DIME521

AMD Athalon 64 X2 Duel

Core Processor 4200+

2.20 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

and I have about 250GB of hard drive

All of my drives are up to date

PLEASE HELP!!! :)

Thanks! Tiff

From MyDVD, burn your production to an image file, not to a DVD. You can then burn that image file to a disc, using Disc Copier.

Make sure that you make a folder where you want that image file saved, and browse to that folder when you pick burn to an image file.

post-81-1166413063.jpg

From MyDVD, burn your production to an image file, not to a DVD. You can then burn that image file to a disc, using Disc Copier.

Make sure that you make a folder where you want that image file saved, and browse to that folder when you pick burn to an image file.

I'll try that again tonight. I tried that last night and it did the same thing...froze at 97%. I'll try it again now and post tomorrow morning.

I'll try that again tonight. I tried that last night and it did the same thing...froze at 97%. I'll try it again now and post tomorrow morning.

Okay...it froze at 97% again....

The iso didn't work...

HELP!

The ISO file it did create was only 139mb...i know that can't be correct!

The video is almost 4gb in the creator

Okay...it froze at 97% again....

The iso didn't work...

HELP!

The ISO file it did create was only 139mb...i know that can't be correct!

The video is almost 4gb in the creator

It sounds like there is something wrong with one of the files in your production. Find out what file there is at 97%, dump it out, and burn again, as a test.

How do I do that?

Also, I tried to burn a separate file...one with the edited video and it will not even encode the first thing...it says encoding 1 of 2 movies and both processes freese at 0%

AH!

I've updated all the drives now as well

Also, it the processes in the windows taskmanager, it says under applications that mydvd9 is running but in processes it says videowave9.exe

is there something wrong there?

or is that because it's burning an iso?

I even tried a test with a new project with just a few pictures and it's not doing anything either....

i'm starting to get really irritated with this software....

does anyone know of any other good software besides imovie?

okay..switched to software rendering mode...not a success

Do you have IE 7 on your computer? Do you have other burning software on your computer? Can you burn a data file in Creator Classic?

Yes, I have IE7. Could there be some type of incompatibility with that? How do I uninstall ie7 and get the previous version again? If i uninstall ie7 through the add/remove programs, will it completely uninstall internet explorer?

Yes, I can burn a data dvd and cds with the creator classic.. i just did it. So I know that works fine. I have used the EMC 9 to burn data cds before...it just won't burn from the program.

Yes, I have IE7. Could there be some type of incompatibility with that? How do I uninstall ie7 and get the previous version again? If i uninstall ie7 through the add/remove programs, will it completely uninstall internet explorer?

Yes, I can burn a data dvd and cds with the creator classic.. i just did it. So I know that works fine. I have used the EMC 9 to burn data cds before...it just won't burn from the program.

I wouldn't have IE 7 on my computer, if you paid me. Uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs, and it should revert you back to IE 6. Let me know if it does.

it still doesn't work...

i gave up and downloaded the trial version of ulead and redid some of my project quickly...

this is insane...guess i have to wait until a patch comes out for roxio 9 to actually use what I paid for

Darn. I don't know what else to suggest. If I could actually look at the computer, I might see something that may be running at startup that could be causing problems, but alas.....:)

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/93.71/9...nglish_whql.exe

That is the one i downloaded. it's for nvidia geforce 7300 le and windows xp version

Now...how do i make the disc readable on a dvd player?

how do i burn the iso to make it readable?

See post #2 of this thread. Then use Disc Copier to burn it to a DVD. Or, if that doesn't seem to work, try using Creator Classic to burn it to a disc, but not as a data file.

Okay..uninstalled, and rebooted twice

still nothing is working.

i can't get anything to burn in my test...it's still on 0% and 0%

AHHH!

Okay, try doing a Repair on the EMC 9, through Add/Remove Programs. Click on the Change button, not the Unistall button. You will get to the screen where you can select Repair.

Okay..uninstalled, and rebooted twice

still nothing is working.

i can't get anything to burn in my test...it's still on 0% and 0%

AHHH!

After trying Bruce's suggestion of repairing the install, if it's still happening, try the following which usually cures the 0% progress issue. Uninstall your videocard/adapter drivers and install the most recent version. If you already have the most recent one installed, uninstall & re-install it (with reboots in between). This should make EMC 9 "re-evaluate" your video card.

After trying Bruce's suggestion of repairing the install, if it's still happening, try the following which usually cures the 0% progress issue. Uninstall your videocard/adapter drivers and install the most recent version. If you already have the most recent one installed, uninstall & re-install it (with reboots in between). This should make EMC 9 "re-evaluate" your video card.

Thanks, Larry. That was going to be my next possible solution. Update the drivers on the video card, but I was hoping that the Repair would solve the issue of 0% progress. She did not see that, before.

Archived