• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

emc8 crashes with IE 7 Running

bootneck

Question

HI I was wondering if anyone could help. emc 8 crashes none stop when I have run IE 7. If I try and make a disk it just stop responding ,that is with both drag to disk and any other of the burning programs. drag to disk freezes and will not shut down.

I thought this was a problem with my dvdrw at first and changed the drive to a pioneer which got rave reviews for reliability.

any help would be most welcome

12 answers to this question

I realize that you have an all in one, but Hp scanners are a pain in the butt to get up and running, if it doesn't work the first time you install the software. I have had many Hp printers and scanners, and I still think they are rock solid after you get them running.

Uninstall your HP software, reboot, and try installing it again.

This is my second hp all in one and it worked every bit as well as the first one till I went with IE 7. I have been through it all with HP support and all the level 4 uninstalls and reinstalls... Still no scanner. I believe I need to completely wipe this pc clean and start all over again as it's been quite some time since I've done it and that might be some of the problem... But one question before I let you go.. I just bought a new computer that should handle about anything I want to do with it for a little while at least... But it has IE 7 also. I'm not sure if I can roll that one back to IE 6 or not... I want to install EMC on the new computer but,,, do you think I should go with the newer version 9 or does IE 7 mess with that one as well? I... I know some of you on these forums know much more about it that I do.. So, I'm asking.. I have till Christmas morning to get all the information I need... bummer huh

Thanks..

Bill

Well, I just went to the general discussion for version 9 and found this information...

Intenent Exporer 7 and Vista Support, Pre-Release support

My new laptop comes with a free upgrade to windows vista so I guess the best thing to do is wait.. It will all be worked out sooner or later..

Thanks

This is my second hp all in one and it worked every bit as well as the first one till I went with IE 7. I have been through it all with HP support and all the level 4 uninstalls and reinstalls... Still no scanner. I believe I need to completely wipe this pc clean and start all over again as it's been quite some time since I've done it and that might be some of the problem... But one question before I let you go.. I just bought a new computer that should handle about anything I want to do with it for a little while at least... But it has IE 7 also. I'm not sure if I can roll that one back to IE 6 or not... I want to install EMC on the new computer but,,, do you think I should go with the newer version 9 or does IE 7 mess with that one as well? I... I know some of you on these forums know much more about it that I do.. So, I'm asking.. I have till Christmas morning to get all the information I need... bummer huh

Thanks..

Bill

Well, I just went to the general discussion for version 9 and found this information...

Intenent Exporer 7 and Vista Support, Pre-Release support

My new laptop comes with a free upgrade to windows vista so I guess the best thing to do is wait.. It will all be worked out sooner or later..

Thanks

Don't format that drive, yet. Uninstall the HP software, shut down your computer, and disconnect that all in one.

Boot up again, install the HP software, if it will let you do it without the printer/scanner being plugged in. Shut down again, and plug the printer/scanner in, then boot up.

I know that that order probably is the opposite of how HP says to do it, but it may work for you.

Don't format that drive, yet. Uninstall the HP software, shut down your computer, and disconnect that all in one.

Boot up again, install the HP software, if it will let you do it without the printer/scanner being plugged in. Shut down again, and plug the printer/scanner in, then boot up.

I know that that order probably is the opposite of how HP says to do it, but it may work for you.

That is exactly in reverse order of the way HP has instructed me to do so many times. During setup it tells me to connect the printer using the usb port, and it waits for me to do so. It will be a day or so before I get the chance to give your suggestion a try but I'm willing to try anything. I'll try to find a way around the connection part of the set up and let you know... But I do thank you for the suggestion

HI I was wondering if anyone could help. emc 8 crashes none stop when I have run IE 7. If I try and make a disk it just stop responding ,that is with both drag to disk and any other of the burning programs. drag to disk freezes and will not shut down.

I thought this was a problem with my dvdrw at first and changed the drive to a pioneer which got rave reviews for reliability.

any help would be most welcome

Roll back to IE 6.

Problem is MS upgraded the stone clubs to bronze and the old ones won't work any more :)

Seriously, IE7 altered part of the OS and effectively killed off some software apps (EMC wasn't the only one affected btw)

So if I roll back to IE 6 will it put the altered part of the OS back to where or what it was? If it does I can go form there, but if it doesn't... Then what?

Not a bad idea and it might come to that, however if thats all we did when a problem occurred with something new, we would still be wearing skins and clubbing antelope to death :)

Problem is MS upgraded the stone clubs to bronze and the old ones won't work any more :huh:

Seriously, IE7 altered part of the OS and effectively killed off some software apps (EMC wasn't the only one affected btw)

IE 7 gave me all kinds of problems with my HP all in one printer... Was scanning a bunch of pics not 30 minutes before I ????upgraded???? to IE 7. Shortly afterwards I could not get it to scan.. everything worked as before other than scan... Rolled it back to 6 and still have the same problem.. not that it really matters but IE 7 is trouble

IE 7 gave me all kinds of problems with my HP all in one printer... Was scanning a bunch of pics not 30 minutes before I ????upgraded???? to IE 7. Shortly afterwards I could not get it to scan.. everything worked as before other than scan... Rolled it back to 6 and still have the same problem.. not that it really matters but IE 7 is trouble

I realize that you have an all in one, but Hp scanners are a pain in the butt to get up and running, if it doesn't work the first time you install the software. I have had many Hp printers and scanners, and I still think they are rock solid after you get them running.

Uninstall your HP software, reboot, and try installing it again.

Archived