• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Making image files for VCD Projects in MyDVD 9

aamirmub

Question

Hi all

I have compiled a VCD project in MyDVD 9. Now I want to make an image file (iso, c2d). When I press the burn, the dialog box has the option of burning iso image greyed. Only burning to CD is available. If I change the project type to DVD, the option of burning iso image becomes available. Please help.

4 answers to this question

Hi all

I have compiled a VCD project in MyDVD 9. Now I want to make an image file (iso, c2d). When I press the burn, the dialog box has the option of burning iso image greyed. Only burning to CD is available. If I change the project type to DVD, the option of burning iso image becomes available. Please help.

I don't think you can create an ISO file if you are creating a VCD, your only option is a c2d which I belive is the "equivalent" to the iso for DVDs.

But the program is not giving option to save a c2d file. The option is grayed out. But if I choose a DVD project, I can easily save iso file.

It will not save as an image. Don't know why but that is the way it works…

But there is no reason why you can't just copy the disc after you are done. An image of a CD isn't going to save you much when compared size of the same VCD project on disc.

I don't think you can create an ISO file if you are creating a VCD, your only option is a c2d which I belive is the "equivalent" to the iso for DVDs.

Image file (c2d) creation is no longer an option in EMC9 for burning VCD (it's greyed out). It was in version 7.5. :) Hmm, that's one thing I noticed that is greyed out instead of not being shown at all (if the option is not really available).

Archived