• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drag to Disc eject error message

mundesley

Question

When I try to eject a disc from drag to disc, and choose the option to make readable in other PC's. I get an error message

"Failed to prepare the disc for CD-ROM DVD-ROM compatability"

I have tried various "Advanced" Settings but nothing seems to work. I have also tried variod media, all of which worked okay in RMC V 8 and several complete uninstalls/re-installs.

Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Sorted it, at least for me. As EMC 9 had the same problem I restored my PC to the position it was in before I loaded EMC 9 so EMC 6 was the functional software. I then examined how two notebooks which come bundled with a cutdown version of EMC7. One was OK the other had same problem. So looked at software differences and two stood out. One notebook had Windows Media Player(WMP) 11 and Office 2007, the other WMP 10 and Office 2003. Interesting both were running IE7 so that was probably not the problem.

So I rolled back WMP 11 to WMP 10 and hey presto I can now close a CD created through D2D so that it will play on any PC and I am using EMC6! Don't know what happens if I load EMC9 and I now hesitate to try.

If you want to rollback WMP 11 check the Micrsoft website first as there are three programes to remove. See this link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../11/readme.aspx

RGR

Understand that all packet writers are considered the least reliable form of burning ever devised…

The setting I use is "Leave the Disc Open". Anything else will close it for any future writing.

Thanks for the reply, but close the disc for use in other PC's than my own is what I'm trying to do. I have resolved the situation by going back to EMC Suite V8.5, and getting a refund for V9, which is a shame as I have been with Roxio since V5. I'm going to look at Nero. Perhaps the comments regarding the fitness for relaese of this version are correct. Call me old fashioned but I expect software to work out of the box, as it were, and not require visits to forums to resovle problems.

Thanks for the reply, but close the disc for use in other PC's than my own is what I'm trying to do. I have resolved the situation by going back to EMC Suite V8.5, and getting a refund for V9, which is a shame as I have been with Roxio since V5. I'm going to look at Nero. Perhaps the comments regarding the fitness for relaese of this version are correct. Call me old fashioned but I expect software to work out of the box, as it were, and not require visits to forums to resovle problems.

I am having exactly the same problem. Unfortunately I cannot get a refund so if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am having exactly the same problem. Unfortunately I cannot get a refund so if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have been running some tests this week and have not had a problem finalizing a disc.

One possibility is the amount of free space remaining. Last one I finalized had 93mb remaining.

From earlier work with DCD, I seem to recall that leaving about 100mb was needed to give it the space for finalizing.

Upgraded to EMC9 from EMC6 as I had the same problem with EMC6 ever since I loaded IE7. I was told that upgrading to EMC9 would fix the problem as EMC9 is "fully compatible" (see these discussion boards). It does not, it makes it worse as the computer now hangs on the error message and I have to use Task Manager to close the application. Then Windows freezes on the shut down screen. Didn't do this with EMC6. If I don't try to create a CD readable on another PC then every thing is OK.

I came here as most others would, hoping to find an answer to this problem. I don't think there is very much in the computer world that works as it should. This latest package from Roxio is no exception. The frustrating part is that there is no confirmation from the company that there is a problem.

I get very angry with the promises of an all singing, all dancing program, only to find it full of glitches. I can't tell you how many of the numerous DVDs Ive thrown away because of this programs failure to write them properly.

If anybody has a clue as to what we can do to fix this. Or.... If Roxio are looking into this. Please let us know.

Equipment.

Pentium Core 2 duo 6300;

1 Gig Memory;

200 Gig free disc space;

Windows XP Pro x64 SP2

As you can see, there is no performance compromise to cause this problem.

Mongrel: Maybe you should have started your own Topic as there is nothing in your post that even hints of any problem you are experancing…

I'm Sorry, but I thought that by replying to this topic in the way that I did, it would be automatically assumed that I was experiencing the same problems.

I was hoping that by including my obvious frustration with these software glitches, the developers would understand that the problem was on a much larger scale than they at first supposed. That is of course if there is someone pertinent that reads these messages.

If it is required that I still further need to make this problem clear. Reply and say so. I will reply again with a full repeat of the original topic about EMCs failure to finalize discs.

Mongrel - this is a user's board which is provided by Roxio for, err, USERS.

Having said that, we do need to know what the problem actually IS ('me too' posts usually aren't the same despite what some people think) so a clear statement of what you were trying to do, what part of the suite you were using and also system specs help (unfortunately I doubt if any of the regulars here passed mind reading 101)

Archived