• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I make this program work?

dcahill110

Question

I have installed and reinstalled EMC9 4 times now and reformatted my PC twice. I have listened to the sniffling of a tech support rep for almost 2 hours while they suggested a clean install using article 000086CR and it still dodn't work.

I do not have any other burning software on this PC. I more than meet the system specs listed on the box.

I have completely reformatted the HDD and installed ONLY Microsoft updates and then EMC9, still no success.

I have now spent $99 and about 20 hours of my life trying to get this to work.

If anybody has suggestions beyond 1. Reformatting ( again ) 2. clean install I am very willing to listen.

One thought keeps nagging at me, is it possible that the installation routine on this particular cd could be flawed? I mean, it seems like EMC9 is searching for something that just is not there. Perhaps some critical .dll or system file is not being installed... just digging at straws.

Just in case anybody needs this info....

Microsoft Windows XP, Media Center Edition Version 2002 with Service Pack 2.

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.20 GHz

2.0 GB Ram

NVIDEA GeForce 6600 Video Card, Driver 6.14.10.9371, most current avail on their site as of 12/18/06

Samsung SP2504C HDD, 250GB, not exactly sure on the RPM

All Microsoft updates installed from Microsoft update site.

The Most common Error I get is the dreaded R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call.

Nothing functions in EMC9, I can start the program, get to the home screen where I can pick what I want to do, but then it crashes when I try to start a project.

I am all ears and trying very hard to be patient and find a happy place rather than choke the living crap out of somebody.

5 answers to this question

sounds like we have similiar machines except mine is HP. Make sure you have ALL Windows updates and those for Media Center.

Make sure your video card drivers are current (you did that)

And get the latest DirectX update (Dec13 06)

Were there any preinstalled Sonic or Roxio apps from Dell? There may be some conflicts.

sounds like we have similiar machines except mine is HP. Make sure you have ALL Windows updates and those for Media Center.

Make sure your video card drivers are current (you did that)

And get the latest DirectX update (Dec13 06)

Were there any preinstalled Sonic or Roxio apps from Dell? There may be some conflicts.

I too have tried multiple times to install EMC 9 and believe I have a $50 upgrade turd. Both times it halted at toward the end of verifying the install and locked the PC up tight. Had to power off and even with a reboot the PC was sick. It had modified major registry entries. Had to delete all references to EMC 9 via safe mode and using Norton and Fix-it to clean the system. After 5 hours or so of screwing with an install I am quitting and asked for a full refund. Sorry - can't get an answer from their customer service. I will put it in writing and address the problem with Sonic's BBB if needed.

Questions:

1. do you have to have version 7, 7.5 or 8 previously installed?

2. Do you have disable all possible web, virus and system security programs?

If there is a key to installing this thing please enlighten me.

Thanks

JP

I tried cleaning the system of all Roxio products before installing the 2nd time. ie. wiped out EMC 8 and all the sonic programs. This should have been a clean install.

Please don't highjack threads. It just gets confusing. Please start a new thread for you particular problem.

I tried cleaning the system of all Roxio products before installing the 2nd time. ie. wiped out EMC 8 and all the sonic programs. This should have been a clean install.
If you go to the Roxio Support Page, there is a knowledge base on how to do a clean install. The only thing left out (IMHO) is removal of IE cookies which is where the registration is stored. This will force you to reregister. Just use the same login/password as before.

Then remove any IE cookies with Sonic/Roxio in this folder:

c:\document and settings\username\cookies

example:

username@activation.roxio[1].txt

username@registration.roxio[1].txt

username@www.roxio[1].txt

username@www.sonic[2].txt

Have you tried running any of the applications without going through the HOME app? The major programs should have a link on teh Start Menu:

Strat>Programs>Easy Media Creator 9

There should be 8 folders: Audio, Backup, Copy, Data, My Media, Photo, Tools and Video. There should be at least one link to an application in each. Most of them have several.

Have you tried running any of the applications without going through the HOME app? The major programs should have a link on teh Start Menu:

Strat>Programs>Easy Media Creator 9

There should be 8 folders: Audio, Backup, Copy, Data, My Media, Photo, Tools and Video. There should be at least one link to an application in each. Most of them have several.

OK, I have not tried this one. I will try this and edit this message and see what happens.

No luck running from any of the folders. I still get that R6025 error.

Archived