• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't access individual chapters in imported VRO file

dmalloy

Question

I imported seven videos from a mini DVD -RW from my Canon DC100 into EMC9. Videos were taken in VR mode, which allows editing in the camcorder. EMC9 imported the files and listed them nicely as "chapters", which I was able to output as MPEG files and upload to Google video. However, I was only able to access the first and last chapters and I was not able to access chapters 2-6, the middle chapters. In order to convert these middle chapters to MPEG files, I had to import the videos as one huge file, trim in EMC9 and output. Thank-you

2 answers to this question

If you want to use EMC9 to convert VRO files from a DVD -RW to MPEG, I'm finding this is working: Shoot videos in VR and delete unwanted clips in the DC100. Finalize disk. Put disk in hard drive and "Convert Video" using EMC9. When the Disk Copier screen comes up, click on Add Movies. My files show up as "Move 1". If you select this, it will convert your disk as one huge file. I wanted to work with the clips individually - click on "chapters". Control click and select all of the chapters they will convert as individual files. Once this is done, you can "Edit Videos". Then "Add Videos" and do any editing. "Output as" WMV9 320 x 240. I was able to upload this in a reasonable amount of time to Google (a 2 min video was roughly 8 MB and uploaded in a few minutes). The video quality on the Google site was not good, but I'm using them on my website that shows them in a smaller size and the quality is fine. It's not perfect, but if you're struggling with this it might help you get started. I'm interested in other people's experiences using DC100 or other DVD camcorder videos to upload to Google or YouTube.

I imported seven videos from a mini DVD -RW from my Canon DC100 into EMC9. Videos were taken in VR mode, which allows editing in the camcorder. EMC9 imported the files and listed them nicely as "chapters", which I was able to output as MPEG files and upload to Google video. However, I was only able to access the first and last chapters and I was not able to access chapters 2-6, the middle chapters. In order to convert these middle chapters to MPEG files, I had to import the videos as one huge file, trim in EMC9 and output. Thank-you

Glad you figured out how to do it.

Archived