• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Disks in Slideshow Assistant

JimL

Question

I've been trying for days to create disks of a slideshow using the assistant option. Everything works perfectly in the program. I can build the show with photos, add background music, and select and edit a cover. The preview works fine and displays the show exactly as built. However I have been completely unsuccessful in burning a disk. The program seems to be going through all of the steps in burning a disk but nothing happens. I've tried CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, and DVD-RW all to no avail. I've loaded Creator 8 on another brand new computer with the same results.

3 answers to this question

I've been trying for days to create disks of a slideshow using the assistant option. Everything works perfectly in the program. I can build the show with photos, add background music, and select and edit a cover. The preview works fine and displays the show exactly as built. However I have been completely unsuccessful in burning a disk. The program seems to be going through all of the steps in burning a disk but nothing happens. I've tried CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, and DVD-RW all to no avail. I've loaded Creator 8 on another brand new computer with the same results.

Hi jimL i ha dalmost the same problem a few day's ago to discover that it was because the antivirus that the operations would'nt finish properly, i then unplug the internet and shut off the antivirus and everyting came back to normal and have burn a DVD-R almost full(over 5 gig) 50 min with pictures + transitions and video.

Also a suggest that you forget about all RW disk

Buzzant

There are two different slide show assistants. The two step one is in MyDVD and a three step one is under the Photo tab. If you are using the three step assistant, when you get the option to burn, select edit in VideoWave, make any adjustments there and save the project. Close VideoWave and open MyDVD, add that project, set your menu and then burn to an iso file (uncheck the other options). Let that encode. if it doesn't, there is a problem with the production. You may have a bad transition, bad timing, or even using a bad audio file. You will have to search for it. If the project encodes to the iso file, use disc copier to copy it to a blank DVD. This sounds like the long way around but it is almost the easiest way to diagnose a problem with either the project or the burn. Since you tried two different computers, I would think that a problem in the project is the issue.

If you don't get that project to encode to an iso file, open it back up in VideoWave. Select output to file (film reel icon) select mpg2 for DVD best quality. Let ti encode. If there is a problem with the project, note the time that encoding stops and look at what is going on in that time frame in the project. You should be able to find it pretty easily.

Suggestion for the future, do your slide shows in VideoWave o start with. It is probably not as easy but it sure makes troubleshooting easier.

Remember you cannot use music you bought and downloaded from an on-line service. You can burn that music to a CD using the program you used to buy the music and then rip it back to your computer for use.

Sometimes music files do give a problem if they are not in the exact format the program wants them. Open Sound Editor, add the music files and then export them as wav files to a separate folder for use in the project.

Since you didn't post any information about your computer, it would be hard to trouble shoot it. Make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft"s DirectX 9c and you have updated the drivers for your video card.

There are two different slide show assistants. The two step one is in MyDVD and a three step one is under the Photo tab. If you are using the three step assistant, when you get the option to burn, select edit in VideoWave, make any adjustments there and save the project. Close VideoWave and open MyDVD, add that project, set your menu and then burn to an iso file (uncheck the other options). Let that encode. if it doesn't, there is a problem with the production. You may have a bad transition, bad timing, or even using a bad audio file. You will have to search for it. If the project encodes to the iso file, use disc copier to copy it to a blank DVD. This sounds like the long way around but it is almost the easiest way to diagnose a problem with either the project or the burn. Since you tried two different computers, I would think that a problem in the project is the issue.

If you don't get that project to encode to an iso file, open it back up in VideoWave. Select output to file (film reel icon) select mpg2 for DVD best quality. Let ti encode. If there is a problem with the project, note the time that encoding stops and look at what is going on in that time frame in the project. You should be able to find it pretty easily.

Suggestion for the future, do your slide shows in VideoWave o start with. It is probably not as easy but it sure makes troubleshooting easier.

Remember you cannot use music you bought and downloaded from an on-line service. You can burn that music to a CD using the program you used to buy the music and then rip it back to your computer for use.

Sometimes music files do give a problem if they are not in the exact format the program wants them. Open Sound Editor, add the music files and then export them as wav files to a separate folder for use in the project.

Since you didn't post any information about your computer, it would be hard to trouble shoot it. Make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft"s DirectX 9c and you have updated the drivers for your video card.

Thanks very much. I'll try the suggestions as soon as I return frrom holidays. JimL

Archived