• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

special audio filters

Buddy

On the Creater 9 box, the following statement is made "New! Your movie deserves great sound. Add multiple audio tracks and use the built-in equalizer to enhance the audio, and special filters to reduce background camera or wind noise." I have not found this topic in the user manual. To clean up constant fan noise in a video is the primary reason I bought this program. Before I bought it, I telephoned Roxio customer service, and the rep. told me it would do this and, in answer to another question, that it would allow me to splice different scenes of live stage videos taped on separate show nights, to create the best of the productions. Is this really true? If so, how is it done?

Thanks,

Buddy

yes, it can do that, but don't expect an high-end audio filtering system. It's very basic, but works fairly well.

Start a new Videowave project

Add a video file

Right click on the video and choose EDIT>NATIVE AUDIO

under the audio wave forms is a huge button that says 'CLEAN AUDIO'

Read STEP 1 carefully! What you are doing is selecting a part of the audio that has a good representation of the 'noise'. IDEALLY no other sound. The program will then use that sample to create a filter.

You can check or uncheck the 'apply cleaning filter' during playback to see how well it works.

To see the other audio tracks, switch to Timeline and click on the Show/Hide Tracks button. Then just check mark the audio tracks you would like to see.

Archived