Sign in to follow this  
ddeitrick

How Do I Turn Off The "run Toast When Blank Media Inserted" ?

Question

It seems that Toast 7 won't burn encrypted music from itunes as an audio file.

I have been unable to burn an audio CD from iTunes because every time I put a blank CD in my PowerBook Superdrive, Toast opens automatically. I have tried to turn the "Start Toast when blank CD is inserted" off using the Toast Setup assistant, but the default won't change.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around this?

Thanks,

Dave

2 answers to this question

Open System Preferences and choose the CD & DVDs panel. There you'll see the option to select what you want to happen when blank CDs or DVDs are inserted. Choosing Do Nothing may be a good choice for you.

Open System Preferences and choose the CD & DVDs panel. There you'll see the option to select what you want to happen when blank CDs or DVDs are inserted. Choosing Do Nothing may be a good choice for you.

tsantee,

You are a genius! I have had endless trouble trying to use iDVD because every time I inserted a blank CD or DVD, Toast launched. To overcome the problem I used a different start up disc on which Toast was not installed.

Trying to find an answer to the problem I eventually arrived at your suggestion.

The strange thing is that no text appears when one clicks on "Toast launches when inserting a blank CD/DVD" which is on this page:-

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/toast/articles_install.jhtml

I have never thought to look in System Preferences! Thanks.

methc