• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Editor in VideoWave

Michael_C

Question

Did Sonic do away with the ability to save/use profiles in Videowave's audio editor? I'm running the eval copy, and don't see any controls which allow saving the equalizer settings, or use settings previously saved.

Also, years ago in an early VideoWave version there was the ability to have two video clips running in a production at the same time. You were able to size one video clip so it only took up a portion of the screen, and locate this window where you desired. Similar to picture in picture. I used this to show the "overview" ijn the larger window, and a smaller window in the foreground showing a particular detail. It looks like the overlay could provide some of this functionality, but it doesn't look like you can resize or move this video stream. Is this feature gone?

Michael

4 answers to this question

Audio filter? no, there is not. You would have to do each clip individually. There is a new feature - audio cleaning - which may make it a little easier. Just right click on a clip and choose EDIT NATIVE AUDIO. Under the sound wave form is the Audio Cleaning button.

I played around with the feature, but didn't find it enhanced the areas I wanted enhanced.- When I refered to filtering, I was refering to the equalizer - e.g., a set of band pass filters. In essence, I want to apply the same equalizer settings to every clip in the project. I may tune them slightly from clip to clip, but they are a better starting point.

I don't recall there being a save function in earlier versions of the audio editor in Videowave, but you are correct, that function is not in V9

To get PIP, yes, you use the overlay track. To resize the overlay image just grab one of the little red squares in the corner of the selected image and drag inward. You can then place the mouse somewhere within the image to grab it and move the image around.

I don't recall there being a save function in earlier versions of the audio editor in Videowave, but you are correct, that function is not in V9

To get PIP, yes, you use the overlay track. To resize the overlay image just grab one of the little red squares in the corner of the selected image and drag inward. You can then place the mouse somewhere within the image to grab it and move the image around.

Thank you for the resize tip. That should do what I want.

Videowave 7 had ability to save/use audio profiles - too bad they're not supported. Useful when you repeatedly edit video/audio taken in same locations (halls/rooms). Do you know if there a provision to apply a filter setting to all video clips in a project?

Thanks again,

Michael

Archived