• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Copy Dvd Using Version 6

gypsynut

First let me say that I'm very much of a novice with computers, but I hope I can explain the problem well enough so that someone can provide me with an answer.

My computer is a Dell (2 months old), running Windows XP Pro; the CD/DVD burner in the computer is a Phillips 8701 (which can supposedly accommodate both DVD+ and DVD- discs, and I'm using DVD+); and I am using Easy Cd & DVD Creator Version 6(which I assume is the basic version because there's no mention of "Platinum").

The problem I've run into is that the DVD copier won't complete the copy process. It appears to be working properly because it seems to copy the files, after which it prompts me to insert a blank DVD. After inserting the blank DVD, and attempt to proceed with the process, I get a message saying "Errors occured during operations". And below that message it says ".....Invalid field in paramater list (05-26-00).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Mike

First let me say that I'm very much of a novice with computers, but I hope I can explain the problem well enough so that someone can provide me with an answer.

My computer is a Dell (2 months old), running Windows XP Pro; the CD/DVD burner in the computer is a Phillips 8701 (which can supposedly accommodate both DVD+ and DVD- discs, and I'm using DVD+); and I am using Easy Cd & DVD Creator Version 6(which I assume is the basic version because there's no mention of "Platinum").

The problem I've run into is that the DVD copier won't complete the copy process. It appears to be working properly because it seems to copy the files, after which it prompts me to insert a blank DVD. After inserting the blank DVD, and attempt to proceed with the process, I get a message saying "Errors occured during operations". And below that message it says ".....Invalid field in paramater list (05-26-00).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Mike

Tell us, what type of discs are you trying to copy? Are these commercially sold ones? Ones somebody made and gave to you?

Tell us, what type of discs are you trying to copy? Are these commercially sold ones? Ones somebody made and gave to you?

This is a commercially sold DVD. It's an instructional DVD about Photoshop Elements. It is not a bootleg copy--I purchased it from a dealer and I want to make a backup in case the original gets damaged.

Does this help?

This is a commercially sold DVD. It's an instructional DVD about Photoshop Elements. It is not a bootleg copy--I purchased it from a dealer and I want to make a backup in case the original gets damaged.

Does this help?

It is quite possible that it has copy protection embedded in it. If that's the case, than Dosc Copier cannot copy it due to legal reasons. Check the disc to see if anything is noted re copy protection, and you can also check with the dealer you purchased it from.

It is quite possible that it has copy protection embedded in it. If that's the case, than Dosc Copier cannot copy it due to legal reasons. Check the disc to see if anything is noted re copy protection, and you can also check with the dealer you purchased it from.

Neither the disc itself nor the label on the case in which it is housed says anything about copy protection. The label on the case has the standard warning about Federal law providing severe civil and criminal penalties for unautorized reproduction.

I really appreciate your efforts to help!

Mike

Neither the disc itself nor the label on the case in which it is housed says anything about copy protection. The label on the case has the standard warning about Federal law providing severe civil and criminal penalties for unautorized reproduction.

I really appreciate your efforts to help!

Mike

That's a pretty good indication that it's likely to be copyright protected. In that case, you will not be able to make a copy using Disc Copier. Or any Roxio, Sonic, Nero, etc.. companies software. By law they are not allowed to provide this ability.

That's a pretty good indication that it's likely to be copyright protected. In that case, you will not be able to make a copy using Disc Copier. Or any Roxio, Sonic, Nero, etc.. companies software. By law they are not allowed to provide this ability.

I've previously copied other copyrighted program discs for backup without any problems and they all contained the same label warning about Federal legal penalties. However, all of those were in CD format, rather than DVD. This has been my first attempt to copy a DVD, but I wouldn't think the process for copying a DVD would differ from that of copying a CD.

Again, thanks for trying to help. I think I'll give up on trying to make a copy and just try to be extra careful not to damage the original.

Mike

The process is definately different.For some reason Cds never had much protection put onto them.But now with the advent of Digital Video,studios and manufacturers are being alot more careful with the material they put out there.Just about every commercially made DVD out there has some kind of copy protection on it,which like Larry said these programs can't get around for legal reasons.

Archived