Sign in to follow this  
Ian R. Brown

Is There A Comprehensive Manual For Toast?

Question

Toast is a good program but the manual leaves much to be desired. There is constant repitition and only the more basic capabilities of the program are described.

There appear to be numerous features and capabilities which are more or less hidden away in a jumble of menus.

I only discovered its ability to convert DVDs to DV Files by accident when someone happened to mention it!

So is there some publication or knowledgebase I can access which will detail most, if not all, of its features? The existing Knowledgebase appears to be one where you have to ask specific questions - I am looking for a general overview covering everything so I will be aware of all Toast's possibilities.

Ian.

Edited by Ian R. Brown

3 answers to this question

Thanks John - I feared that might be the answer.

Unfortunately my knowledge of CDs and DVDs is very basic so frequently although I can see things I have no real idea what I'm looking at!

As you say, I'll have to poke around, and hope that understanding eventually comes.

Ian.

Toast is a good program but the manual leaves much to be desired. There is constant repitition and only the more basic capabilities of the program are described.

There appear to be numerous features and capabilities which are more or less hidden away in a jumble of menus.

I only discovered its ability to convert DVDs to DV Files by accident when someone happened to mention it!

So is there some publication or knowledgebase I can access which will detail most, if not all, of its features? The existing Knowledgebase appears to be one where you have to ask specific questions - I am looking for a general overview covering everything so I will be aware of all Toast's possibilities.

Ian.