• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rambo15

Video Wave 7 DVD Builder DVDs Plays in some DVD Players but not in other

Question

Hello:

Well it's two days before Christmas and of course I am in crisis mode again. I created several DVDs for family and friends using Video Wave 7's DVD builder. My brother just called to tell me that the DVDs jump and are out of time with the music audio tracks. When I created these DVDs, they played fine on the two DVD players I have here at home. Are there compatibility issues with different DVD players? Older models perhaps? How can I tell?

Any and all responses are desperately needed.

Regards - Mark K.

2 answers to this question

Hello:

Well it's two days before Christmas and of course I am in crisis mode again. I created several DVDs for family and friends using Video Wave 7's DVD builder. My brother just called to tell me that the DVDs jump and are out of time with the music audio tracks. When I created these DVDs, they played fine on the two DVD players I have here at home. Are there compatibility issues with different DVD players? Older models perhaps? How can I tell?

Any and all responses are desperately needed.

Regards - Mark K.

There are compatibility issues, sometimes. The only way you will know is if someone tells you, like your brother did. You could try burning that same project on a different brand or type of DVD and see if it works for him.

Guest ml

In addition, some of the older DVD players do not have enough memory to play the movies smoothly.

And some will prefer +R, others -R.

I've found the greatest compatibility with various types of DVD players if I burn to an 'image file' (.iso) instead of the DVD burner. Then I use Disk Copier to burn the 'image file' to the DVD. It's not foolproof though.