• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding Too Long

kevin9855

Question

I have just started using EMC8 and I am new to the discussion group. I have used sonic mydvd 4 in the past. It seems as though encoding AVI to Mpg is taking very long compared to mydvd 4. Is there any quality degredation in capturing my video directly to mpg in EMC8 or for quality sake, should I capture in AVI and wait till the morning for the finished DVD? I am connecting an analogue camcorder to A/V input on Digital camcorder, then Digital cam to firewire port on computer for capture. I am using create dvd from the EMC8 menu.

My system is:

1 gig ram

amd 2400 athlon xp

200gb western digital hd

have set performance to best in

Windows xp home sp2

and I of course try to shut down

any un-needed programs.

Radeon all-in-wonder 7500 video.

Thanks Kevin

3 answers to this question

I have just started using EMC8 and I am new to the discussion group. I have used sonic mydvd 4 in the past. It seems as though encoding AVI to Mpg is taking very long compared to mydvd 4. Is there any quality degredation in capturing my video directly to mpg in EMC8 or for quality sake, should I capture in AVI and wait till the morning for the finished DVD? I am connecting an analogue camcorder to A/V input on Digital camcorder, then Digital cam to firewire port on computer for capture. I am using create dvd from the EMC8 menu.

My system is:

1 gig ram

amd 2400 athlon xp

200gb western digital hd

have set performance to best in

Windows xp home sp2

and I of course try to shut down

any un-needed programs.

Radeon all-in-wonder 7500 video.

Thanks Kevin

My opinion is if you are going to make any changes, add transitions or effects, you're definitely better off capturing as an avi than a mpeg. If you are going to go right to dvd, mpeg is fine. Either way, in making a dvd, in order for it to be dvd compliant, things have to happen during the encode and that just takes time.

My opinion is if you are going to make any changes, add transitions or effects, you're definitely better off capturing as an avi than a mpeg. If you are going to go right to dvd, mpeg is fine. Either way, in making a dvd, in order for it to be dvd compliant, things have to happen during the encode and that just takes time.

Thanks for the reply, I tried making a DVD using the AVI capture rather than mpg capture and although it took considerably longer for the computer to process, the result was much better than that achieved with mpg capture.

Thanks again.

Kevin

:) I was encoding my dvd with (MYDVD8) from avi file (divx) after 10 hours of encoding it was just 60% done. So I lost patience and tried to use Cyberlink powerproducer2 gold which was bundled with my dvdrw drive. After approx. 2 hours my dvd was finished.

Where is the problem ? I would like to speed up MY DVD and use it and not use cyberlink....

Archived