• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ebtide

Perfect Photo Size

Question

I have spent a few hours researching burning slides to a DVD production and the issues with TV overscan and loss of clarity. I found most of this information very useful and worth the time spent.

Since I am creating jpeg slides from scratch using Paint Shop Pro, mostly black background with text, to illustrate audio I can make my images any size and resolution.

Is there a perfect image size and resolution for optimum clarity when creating a slide show that will be burned to a DVD for playback on a regular size TV?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

This leads me to a followup question. Assume I'm creating a .bmp file for use as a menu background, and I want a version for both 4:3 and 16:9 layouts. I'm confused about what size to make each file, since the resolution for both aspect ratios is 720 by 480.

This leads me to a followup question. Assume I'm creating a .bmp file for use as a menu background, and I want a version for both 4:3 and 16:9 layouts. I'm confused about what size to make each file, since the resolution for both aspect ratios is 720 by 480.

16:9 is 1024 x 768

wrong 1024X768 is still 4:3

TECHNICALLY, widescrren uses 720X480 with NON-square pixels. Since image edtors don't support non-square pixels, you have to use different dimensions with square pixels.

1920X1080 = 1080i or 1080p

1280X720 = 720p

You can also use others with the same aspect ratio. When these files are added to MyDVD, the final output will still be 720X480 NON-square pixels which means horizontally will be squished. The DVD player will then unsquish the image when displayed.