• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ipod Screen Adaptation for 16:9 movies?

BK_Broiler

Question

I'm using the Roxio Disc Copier to convert 16:9 wmv files to 320x240 ipod Mpeg4, but keep getting the vertical black bars on the left/right. Anyone know how to get it to use horizontal screen bars to keep from cropping and loosing too much? I've tried the adaptive scale, stretch, and letterbox with all same results.

Thanks much in advance.

3 answers to this question

I'm having the same results too. I've tried all the formats for the screen, but have yet had any luck. There doesn't appear to be a way to stretch it to full the entire screen.

I found out the problem I was having. Roxio is encoding the movies correctly for the iPod. Under the Video Settings section on the iPod, I had to turn off widescreen. Once I did that, I lost the vertical bars on both sides of the screen and everything looks great now! :)

I'm using the Roxio Disc Copier to convert 16:9 wmv files to 320x240 ipod Mpeg4, but keep getting the vertical black bars on the left/right. Anyone know how to get it to use horizontal screen bars to keep from cropping and loosing too much? I've tried the adaptive scale, stretch, and letterbox with all same results.

Thanks much in advance.

I'm having the same results too. I've tried all the formats for the screen, but have yet had any luck. There doesn't appear to be a way to stretch it to full the entire screen.

Archived