• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converted DVD will not transfer to iPod

PeterSanders

Question

Hi

NEW owner of an 80gb video iPod (I did give serious consideration to the Creative Zen 60gb player)

Using the EMC9 convert video option, I converted a DVD to iPod format. I saved the dvd to the hard disk first, then saved it as an iPod format file. The iPod format "DVD" file plays on the pc, can be burned to another (blank) DVD which also plays. The "DVD" file that can be seen within iTunes can also be PLAYED within iTunes. However each time I try to copy/transfer it to the iPod I receive amessage that says

"the file was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this ipod"\

What can I do to fix this?

DO I need to change settings within EMC9? I usd the default values for iPod conversion 29.7?fps and 320x240 video.

The file is in mp4 format and is only 1.5+gb in size.

Kind regards

Peter

3 answers to this question

Hi

NEW owner of an 80gb video iPod (I did give serious consideration to the Creative Zen 60gb player)

Using the EMC9 convert video option, I converted a DVD to iPod format. I saved the dvd to the hard disk first, then saved it as an iPod format file. The iPod format "DVD" file plays on the pc, can be burned to another (blank) DVD which also plays. The "DVD" file that can be seen within iTunes can also be PLAYED within iTunes. However each time I try to copy/transfer it to the iPod I receive amessage that says

DO I need to change settings within EMC9? I usd the default values for iPod conversion 29.7?fps and 320x240 video.

Kind regards

Peter

Peter, I don't think anyone has an answer for you. Have you tried any of the Ipod users groups?

Hi

Kind regards

Peter

I'm thinkin' the key part here is "..... this ipod" . Apple uses a lot of funky DRM technology in their iPod's which is why I would never buy one nor recommend one to a client.

I'm thinkin' the key part here is "..... this ipod" . Apple uses a lot of funky DRM technology in their iPod's which is why I would never buy one nor recommend one to a client.

I suspect you speak from a position of ignorance rather than authority (especially as you claim you don't have an iPod) and that its nothing to do with "funky DRM". "this iPod" is because there are some iPods that do not play ANY video, but this doesn't stop the hopeful from trying to add videos to them.

Having said this, the iPod is quite fussy and won't play a video unless its formatted specifically. I have found the free software, Handbrake is better than anything else... <http://handbrake.m0k.org>. There are many sites showing you settings which produce excellent results and you can often make a 1hr video fit into less than 140mb.

Archived