• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Builder not working

U-Turn

Question

I am attempting to burn a slide show I have just finished. When I click on the dvd burn icon, Builder attempts to open then I get an error message that the Prog. has encountered a problem and needs to close. I then attempted to open Builder and retrieve the .dmsm file, nothing shows in the production editor window,(yes I have show all titles checked) or on the Menu editor window as well. BUT the project disk size does show the production there. I burned a disk just to see if it would work and although the menu is blank you can access the slide show by stopping and starting the dvd on the TV dvd player.

I the tried to open a past completed project and the menu editor showed the chapters but nothing in the title editor. Again the project size showed the size if the file. I also got an error message that DVD Builder can not open this file. :):huh: O what fun on Christmas Eve. Any one have any Ideas?????

Yes I did attempt to repair no luck, then a complete un-install and reinstall with the update 7.0 to 7.1.

I'm going to have a little Christmas cheer now, Merry Christmas everyone.

12 answers to this question

I am attempting to burn a slide show I have just finished. When I click on the dvd burn icon, Builder attempts to open then I get an error message that the Prog. has encountered a problem and needs to close. I then attempted to open Builder and retrieve the .dmsm file, nothing shows in the production editor window,(yes I have show all titles checked) or on the Menu editor window as well. BUT the project disk size does show the production there. I burned a disk just to see if it would work and although the menu is blank you can access the slide show by stopping and starting the dvd on the TV dvd player.

I the tried to open a past completed project and the menu editor showed the chapters but nothing in the title editor. Again the project size showed the size if the file. I also got an error message that DVD Builder can not open this file. :):huh: O what fun on Christmas Eve. Any one have any Ideas?????

Yes I did attempt to repair no luck, then a complete un-install and reinstall with the update 7.0 to 7.1.

I'm going to have a little Christmas cheer now, Merry Christmas everyone.

If you are running Internet Explorer 7, roll back to 6.

If you are running Internet Explorer 7, roll back to 6.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was having similar problems and now DVD Builder is working again. IE7 was a lot slower than IE6 so I am glad to roll back. I also decided to try Firefox. Maybe it is time to bail on IE...

Hey U-turn, or anyone

Help a moron out. How do I get back to 6? I got the same problem with a video.

Jellyfish :)

1. Go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs.
  2. Scroll down the list of Currently installed programs to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and select it.
  3. Click the Remove button
  4. A window asking to reboot will appear. Before rebooting, be sure to save any work you may have completed

Started using EMC7 yesterday, my first foray into DVD creation, and ran into the same problem. Logged onto this forum for the first time today and you have given me the tip I needed, MANY THANX ogdens!!

I had the same problem and rolled back to IE 6. It did not fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled EMC 7 again and still no go. I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RS520 with Hatachi HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B and HL-DT-ST DVD-Rom GDR8162B. I'm running Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. Go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs.
  2. Scroll down the list of Currently installed programs to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and select it.
  3. Click the Remove button
  4. A window asking to reboot will appear. Before rebooting, be sure to save any work you may have completed

Thanks!

I had the same problem and rolled back to IE 6. It did not fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled EMC 7 again and still no go. I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RS520 with Hatachi HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B and HL-DT-ST DVD-Rom GDR8162B. I'm running Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please start a new thread stating "your problem" with a bit a of detail. Stating "I have the same problem" is not very helpfull since there are several posters in this thread with problems. Also more information on your system such as CPU, video card, hard disk drive size, etc is very helpful.

Archived