Access Icon to CDDB online database is grayed out

Jumbo

Question

I'm trying to copy my Scott Turow CD book to my IPOD via Itunes. I first copied the CD to my PC in MP3 format creating a folder per disk. However, the disk descriptions did not come over. I loaded Creator Classic and openned the MP3 file, but the Icon which allows retrieving the info from the Grace/CDDB online database is grayed out for some reason. I've searched the help files but found nothing to indicate why this is happening. The CDDB data online does contain the info I need.

3 answers to this question

I'm trying to copy my Scott Turow CD book to my IPOD via Itunes. I first copied the CD to my PC in MP3 format creating a folder per disk. However, the disk descriptions did not come over. I loaded Creator Classic and openned the MP3 file, but the Icon which allows retrieving the info from the Grace/CDDB online database is grayed out for some reason. I've searched the help files but found nothing to indicate why this is happening. The CDDB data online does contain the info I need.

Like cd says you can only get CDDB info if you have the original CD in your CD player. It does not work at all with mp3 files

The way CDDB identifies the files is by matching the number of tracks, and their length, with the database. Occasionally it will give a menu of possible lists that match.

If you don't have the CD, there is no way for it to match anything with anything. You're going to have to put it in by hand.

Lynn

Archived