• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Soooo Slow!

cara_starr

Question

Roxio EMC runs soooooooooo slow on my computer. Nothing else does this to me... Is it because of all of the components? Should I uninstall some of the stuff i don't use in EMC? It makes me slow flippin crazy because the simplest tasks take forever. Does anyone else notice this problem?

9 answers to this question

As jmcoleman01 has said, post some computer spec's so we can get a bit of background, and if you can , add them to you signiture here so that uses can see what you have and it makes helping easyer....

hmmm... found this in "System Properties" - is this what you mean?

HP Pavilion

Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.00 GHz

1.99 GHZ

256 MB RAM

Tell me what else you want to know & I'll find it.

I have EMC 7.5 and did install the updates.

I use RMC mostly for creating slide shows with still pics... So I use videowave more than anything.

hmmm... found this in "System Properties" - is this what you mean?

HP Pavilion

Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.00 GHz

1.99 GHZ

256 MB RAM

Tell me what else you want to know & I'll find it.

I have EMC 7.5 and did install the updates.

I use RMC mostly for creating slide shows with still pics... So I use videowave more than anything.

Here's a nice little program that gives you your system specs...... http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Yup.. just like that, add in your Operating system and service pack to... have a look at some of the end signitures in the boards, if you look at mine , or any of them you will get the drift....

all i can say is that it makes things SOOO easy to try to help if we can see your posted issue, then we look at the computer specs, then at maybe the OS service pack or even the EMC version you are running, as somtimes we have had similer issues before and then we can repost fix's for you if they think it will work.

Over to you....

Guest mlpasley
HP Pavilion

Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.00 GHz

1.99 GHZ

256 MB RAM

Well, that explains some of the slowness. A Pentium 4 is good, but 2. GHz is a bit on the slow side. 256 MB RAM is also not a lot.

If you shut down all other programs, disconnect from the internet and shut of all virus checking and firewalls, that might speed the process up.

In the meantime, make certain that you've defragmented your hard drive.

Well, that explains some of the slowness. A Pentium 4 is good, but 2. GHz is a bit on the slow side. 256 MB RAM is also not a lot.

If you shut down all other programs, disconnect from the internet and shut of all virus checking and firewalls, that might speed the process up.

In the meantime, make certain that you've defragmented your hard drive.

Yep, you're going to have to have patience with your system. It would help a little to have more ram but everything else in your system is going to have to be in perfect shape just to keep up.

What is your computer specs???

Did you recently purchase the software or did you have it for a while. If you had it for awhile ,had you made any recent changes to your system recently. Had you applied all the updates for Version 7/7.5

What is your computer specs???

Did you recently purchase the software or did you have it for a while. If you had it for awhile ,had you made any recent changes to your system recently. Had you applied all the updates for Version 7/7.5

First thing is to defragment your hard drive(s) then do a sweep for spyware with at least 2 different programs.

Is there something running in the background that is using too much processing power?

Guest mlpasley

Is the entire program running slow or just one part of it?

Editing MPEG2 video on my computer takes forever, so I put the video on a storyboard in VideoWave, then do a File\ Output production to... DV camcorder which decodes the file into DV AVI footage. Editing DV AVI footage is much faster on my computer, but not everyone has this problem.

Archived