Can't Burn DVD-R

PoolMan

Question

Hardware: PHILLIPS DVD+RW DVD8701

Software: Roxio Easy Media Creator 9

When I get to the point that it is time to click the burn button, the software will not give that option. I can burn it to my hard drive and then do some work around things and get it to the DVD burner. I have read several posts and pieces of information and everything tries to blame the problem on the hardware but it looks to me like it is in the software. I used the slideshow assistant wand when I get to the point that I am ready to burn the DVD, this is what I see burn.jpg Its like it doens't recognize that there is a disc in the DVD, I have changed the disc several times, threw several away and still same result. What makes me belive that it is a software problem is that I can save the slideshow to my hard drive and then through windows explorer get the Disc Copier function to copy the file to the DVD. The picture of that is here burn2.jpg Any help would be appreciated, I have already uninstalled and re-installed the software twice. I have diabled the drag to disc and tried it that way, still doesn't work. I think the Drag to Disc thing is what hangs it up!

6 answers to this question

Did you check to see if you have the latest firmware for your burner? Check the manufacturer's site to see what they have for your burner.

Problem appears to be solved, I searched around and was looking to upgrade the firmware on the burner and was in the process of attempting to do that when I thought I would give it one more shot. I un-installed the Roxio software, rebooted the system, then turned off the McAfee Virus scan, Reinstalled the Roxio and it appears to be working, the recorder is even reading one of the discs I had thrown in the trash, Imagine that. The instructions may have said besure and turn off your virus software before installing but I don't recall seeing that written anywhere.

Problem appears to be solved, I searched around and was looking to upgrade the firmware on the burner and was in the process of attempting to do that when I thought I would give it one more shot. I un-installed the Roxio software, rebooted the system, then turned off the McAfee Virus scan, Reinstalled the Roxio and it appears to be working, the recorder is even reading one of the discs I had thrown in the trash, Imagine that. The instructions may have said besure and turn off your virus software before installing but I don't recall seeing that written anywhere.

The instructions should have said to trash McAfee, since that is what it is. :) Almost j/k

Well it's showing no space on the disc at all so you might need to try a different brand and make sure you have the correct type of media. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

Have you tried unchecking the burn to disc and burning to an image file? Then you can see if using Disc Copier or Creator Classic will work to burn that ISO to disc.

Well it's showing no space on the disc at all so you might need to try a different brand and make sure you have the correct type of media. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for your burner.

Have you tried unchecking the burn to disc and burning to an image file? Then you can see if using Disc Copier or Creator Classic will work to burn that ISO to disc.

Yes, if I uncheck BURN TO DISC, it will allow me to save the image file or save it to a folder on my computer. I can then copy either of those to a disc, normally after I get one of those messages saying that the disc is bad. However, in some casesI have gotten it to eventually burn to one of those so called bad disc's.

Archived