• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Malcolm Fuller

Will Toast see/use Quicktime chapter tracks?

Question

Hi there,

I have several video files which I would like to burn onto DVD, but I would like to add chapters to the DVDs I create. But, above that, I would like to have a more sophisticated chapter set up than the arbitrary time schemes which toast allows. Importing the movies into iMovie takes a long time, so I wanted to see if there was an easier solution. In my research, I found that Quicktime allows you to create chapter tracks in any supported file format, and there's a inexpensive program called chapterizer which will aid in the creating chapters for quicktime. So my question is this: If I set up chapters in a Quicktime movie, if I set up Toast's chapter option to "Automatic" will Toast recognize and use the defined Quicktime chapters?

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm

4 answers to this question

I haven't tested it but I imagine it would work. Give it a shot and see what you get. Insead of burning a DVD, you can burn to an image file and that way you dont waste a disc if you dont get the results you were hoping for.

I haven't tested it but I imagine it would work. Give it a shot and see what you get. Insead of burning a DVD, you can burn to an image file and that way you dont waste a disc if you dont get the results you were hoping for.

Thanks, John, I'm doing just what you suggested now (about 80% done). Curiously, QT markers are not recognized in iDVD. If they are in Toast, that'd be great because I think Toast gives me a higher quality burn.

Nope, doesn't work, unfortuately. Does sonic listen to feature requests? I think either having Toast recognize QT chapters, or giving Toast the ability to allow user defined chapters would be a feature consumers would go for.

Nope, doesn't work, unfortuately. Does sonic listen to feature requests? I think either having Toast recognize QT chapters, or giving Toast the ability to allow user defined chapters would be a feature consumers would go for.

I only can support this request. Let's hope Sonic / Roxio listens to their users, i would be pleasantly surprised...