• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

trouble burning

Andrew0853

Question

i keep getting this error when burning cd;s

The instruction at "0x086cb20e" referenced memory at "0x086cb20e". The memory could not be "read"

the instruction at "0x0107b0d2" referenced memory at "0x0276004c". The memory could not be "read".

happens everytime no matter what i burn then after the app closes then the red light keeps blinging so i have to turn off computer and back on to get cd out

i have burned many cd wihtout this problem but now it poped up all of a udden

NO new hardware

NO new software

1 answer to this question

Googling for 'the memory could not be read' error produced a lot of hits - with programs from just about every s/w producer showing it.

The most likely causes seem to be either an external device (such as a printer) starting to misbehave - try unplugging it and see if the error goes or, most likely, spyware/malware.

Quote from one website on the error:

"...Memory Could not be read Error

Problem - The following error message is encountered (Or some other one where the text, "The memory could not be read" is included):

Cause - This is caused by:

o

+

Third party browser plugins such as Yahoo or Google toolbars

+

A less likely cause is spyware

Solution - Potential fixes include:

o

+

Disabling the third party plugins by going to Tools | Internet Options and clear the checkbox labeled Enable Third-Party browser extensions

+

Using third-party software to detect and disable spyware, such as LavaSoft's AdAware or SpyBot..."

post-2743-1167140310.jpg

Archived