run version 5.3.5 and Roxio 7.5 on same box?

msongs

Question

hello,

since roxio cd maker 7.5 will not allow me to add tracks to cd in any order I want unless I give every track a prefix like 001, 002, etc, (always does it in abc order) I installed version 5.3.5, which DOES allow me to drag and drop files in any order (bad move by roxio to dump this feature).

so I make some projects and save in 5.3.5. when I try to open creator classic in 7.5, the installer starts running and keeps asking me if I want to install the Napster crap, and we go round in circles until I have to run task manager and abort that. Eventually ( like after 10 tries) I get the program to work and have no problem opening 5.3.5 projects in version 7.5

so, is there a way to have both versions and avoid this reinstall thing of napster?

I read on other threads that the abc order of tracks was because of windows, but that is not the case as one can drag and drop in any preferred order in the old program. too bad roxio will not let us do this in newer versions.

Msongs

Riverside CA

7 answers to this question

OK, I don't do Audio very much so help me out here…

I start Classic (V7.5) and a new Audio CD Project.

I add songs to the Project Pane.

I can drag any song in the Project pane to any position I want it in.

I burn and the Tracks come out precisely in the order I set them in.

Isn't that the result you get?

Right. That's why I think OP is making a data disc.

Lynn

I'm wondering what kind of disc you are making, because I've never known an Audio CD to be rearranged like that. And Brendon has advised me that applies to EMC 7 / 7.5, just as much as I know it applies to ECDC 5, and RecordNow 7, and Nero Basic whatever-it-is.

If you are making an mp3 CD, then, yes, you need to have the playlist in there to arranage them, or add numbers.

Or, if you are making a data disc of music files, then it will be subject to alphanumeric rules, because it is considered data.

I think some clarification would be needed for a clearer answer.

As to Napster - Sonic bought the Roxio name and software from the company that previously was known as Roxio but bought the name and software for Napster, and changed their name to Napster. EMC 7 was issued when Roxio and Napster were the same entity. That is no longer so.

Lynn

hello,

since roxio cd maker 7.5 will not allow me to add tracks to cd in any order I want unless I give every track a prefix like 001, 002, etc, (always does it in abc order) I installed version 5.3.5, which DOES allow me to drag and drop files in any order (bad move by roxio to dump this feature).

so I make some projects and save in 5.3.5. when I try to open creator classic in 7.5, the installer starts running and keeps asking me if I want to install the Napster crap, and we go round in circles until I have to run task manager and abort that. Eventually ( like after 10 tries) I get the program to work and have no problem opening 5.3.5 projects in version 7.5

so, is there a way to have both versions and avoid this reinstall thing of napster?

I read on other threads that the abc order of tracks was because of windows, but that is not the case as one can drag and drop in any preferred order in the old program. too bad roxio will not let us do this in newer versions.

Msongs

Riverside CA

Install Napster, and once everything is running properly, uninstall Napster. That is the way that 7.5 was set up. Creator Classic used the Napster engine to run.

Also, the order of tracks on an Audio CD is wholly dependant on the software of the device playing it. The order they are added or burned has no relevance whatsoever… Wrong again James!

The only way to set a play order is by using an MP3 CD which has a Playlist. Even then, the software of the Player has to be able to recognize a Playlist.

Edit: Corrected a mistake.

thanks fer the help. did not know napster install was really the main driver. looked like an add on in progress to me :-)

still the track order thing - too bad roxio disabled the drag and drop track order it used to allow in version 5

so I still make the cds from LPS but use version 5. maybe I will try giving all the tracks a prefix like 001 etc in 7.5 but that seems like a huge investment in time if I make lots of tape LP transfers.

thanks again tho

Msongs

www.msongs.com

batik and digital art

You didn't actually answer ANY of the questions.

Please tell us in detail - in excruciating detail, with extra credit for extra info - exactly what steps you are taking to create your projgects.

Because your words sound like you are making Audio CDs, and the results sound like you are making data CDs with mp3 files on them

And I'm darned curious what is going on!!

Lynn

OK, I don't do Audio very much so help me out here…

I start Classic (V7.5) and a new Audio CD Project.

I add songs to the Project Pane.

I can drag any song in the Project pane to any position I want it in.

I burn and the Tracks come out precisely in the order I set them in.

Isn't that the result you get?

Archived