• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

problem burning to mini DVD-R

Kraemer

Question

5 answers to this question

Longshot but some DVD/RW drives (the early ones) only support +R format

Actually it was the other way round - the first drives (from the consortium) were DVD-R - +R came along later (under the guidance of Philips) :)

But yes, there were +R only drives as well as DVD-R only

I am trying to burn an image to a mini-DVD R. The software will not recognize that it is a mini-DVD, and kicks out the disk asking for another.

In what application are you using to burn to the mini DVD-R? If it's in Creator Classic change the disc size box bottom left of the screen!

cd

In what application are you using to burn to the mini DVD-R? If it's in Creator Classic change the disc size box bottom left of the screen!

cd

That's a good suggestion, but miniDVD does not appear as an option. I'm using Easy Media Creator 9 which has a classic application, but the sizes are only shown by memory (and time duration), and the DVD options are 4.7 and 8.5GB.

From what I can see, the mini-DVD size format does not appear to be supported... :)

I've never had much luck with mini-CD's either - they were a great idea, but expensive, and I made more mini-coasters than I care to admit.

Mini-DVD's - are you sure your drive supports them? Weird thought, if you can't burn mini-CD's, bet your drive doesn't support that size disc.

Archived