"Error 1935" During EMC 9 Installation

JPW

Question

During my EMC 9 install, I got the "Error 1935" disruption. Working through an existing Roxio KB Article 000057CR did not solve my problem. However, attempting to implement the final step (XML 4.0 update)produced an error which lead to my finding Article 902330 in the MS KB. I had been running Lavasoft's Ad-Watch as an auto. startup in Ad-Aware. All that was necessary was to temporarily stop Ad-Watch and the install went like clockwork. Afterwards, I reimplemented Ad-Watch, and all seems to be fine. Good luck to all!

1 answer to this question

During my EMC 9 install, I got the "Error 1935" disruption. Working through an existing Roxio KB Article 000057CR did not solve my problem. However, attempting to implement the final step (XML 4.0 update)produced an error which lead to my finding Article 902330 in the MS KB. I had been running Lavasoft's Ad-Watch as an auto. startup in Ad-Aware. All that was necessary was to temporarily stop Ad-Watch and the install went like clockwork. Afterwards, I reimplemented Ad-Watch, and all seems to be fine. Good luck to all!

Other programs to disable when installing are Antivirus and Firewall programs. Of course, disconnect from the net just as a safety precaution when disabling these programs.

Archived