• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help - Where Have My Chapter Menu's Gone?

leylandcasfan

Question

I'm confused. I 'added' a movie from the main menu. Then I did a 'chapter' edit on the movie. So far, so good - the requisite sub-menu and associated chapters were generated, and appeared (as expected) in the listing within the Menu tab (bottom left of editing screen). Running a 'Preview' of my project looked pretty much as expected (although I had to double-click on the DVD control buttons, rather than single-click?). I then wanted to edit the Title of my Chapter menu, and also the Names associated with the individual Chapter buttons themselves. This is where my problem lies .... when I click on the required Chapter Menu I am simply (re-)presented with the Main Menu! Nothing I've tried will permit me to get at the Chapter Menu in order to perform the edit. I'm running the version 8.05 - recently upgraded (via the downloadable update) from v8.0. I was attempting this when using the Wedding template, but even upon changing to a different template the results are the same. Can anyone out there please advise?

4 answers to this question

I then wanted to edit the Title of my Chapter menu, and also the Names associated with the individual Chapter buttons themselves.

Just click on the text to edit. Edit should also reflect in the list to the left. This works the same way for editing the thumbnail text and all submenu text.

If this is not working as described, check for video driver updates.

By the way, any added videos ON THE MAIN MENU are referred to as 'titles'. Chapters refer a submenu of a title.

post-49-1138497031.jpg

Where did you find this hotfix?

Hi,

It was mentioned some time ago - actually before they re-organised these message boards - as a resolution to Error 80004005 (a Menu Encoding error), so I downloaded it then ... just in case I needed it once I'd managed to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.05 ..... and I did!!

I'm not sure exactly where the link can be found on the re-organised boards, but try 'searching' for either "hotfix" or "80004005".

If you can't find it, drop me an email to paul@prscomputing.freeserve.co.uk and I'll reply with the file added as an attachment.

Hope this helps.

Archived