• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier Compression

Kg311

Question

I just purchased EMC 9 and have noticed when disc copier is used to copy a larger ISO video movie, which is around 7.5 GB, disc copier only uses 4.4 GB of the DVD-R when it compresses the file instead of the full 4.7 GB. When using Nero to compress a larger file, it used the full 4.7 GB. Is there a way to make Disc Copier use the full DVD so that you might get a better quality video file?

3 answers to this question

I just purchased EMC 9 and have noticed when disc copier is used to copy a larger ISO video movie, which is around 7.5 GB, disc copier only uses 4.4 GB of the DVD-R when it compresses the file instead of the full 4.7 GB. When using Nero to compress a larger file, it used the full 4.7 GB. Is there a way to make Disc Copier use the full DVD so that you might get a better quality video file?

So does EMC 9. I don't know what your seeing with Nero, but it won't copy more than about 4.38 GB, the same as EMC 9.

So does EMC 9. I don't know what your seeing with Nero, but it won't copy more than about 4.38 GB, the same as EMC 9.

Bruce is dead on, both programs only burn 4464mb to single layer DVD + - R/RW media. I own Nero 5, 5.5, 6, 7! 4464mb is a full 4.7 GB disc.

cd

It all boils down to whether a GB is 1024 x 1024 x 1024 bytes - or 1000 x 1000 x 1000 really

Memory etc uses 1024 as the base - drive makers use 1000 (makes the drives look bigger than they really are)

Have a look at what your X GB hard drive is reported as in Windows and you'll see what I mean :)

Archived