• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD (EMC9) Hangs When Encoding DVD

Bill_S

Question

Hello and thanks for your advice on this issue I am having.

I recently purchaced EMC 9 and am now trying to burn a DVD of a video I captured using a new ATI video card. Everything works well with movie editing, but when I go to "Burn Project" and try to burn the disk, or create the iso image, it just hangs. The message is: "Current Task: Encoding Movie (0%)".

As well, there is a lot of hard disk spinning going on at the same time.

I am trying to use Verbatim DVD-R DVD recordable disks 1x-4x. Current setting on EMC9 is 4x.

All frimware is up to date. I uninstalled, defragged, and reinstalled all EMC software with virus scan/firewall disabled. Still no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Bill

System:

Dell Dimension 9150

Intel Pentium D - 2.7 gig

RAM: 1 gig

Windows XP Professional

IE 7

ATI TV Wonder Pro A/V Capture

DVD/CD-ROM Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H21N

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 512Mb

6 answers to this question

Thanks Paul.

I checked the video driver and it is up to date.

At your advice, I did download the latest DirectX, but this didn't fix it.

I get the same result (Current task: Encoding Movie (0%)) when trying any of the three options: Burn to Disk, Create ISO Image, or Create Folder Set. This would indicate it is not hardware related (i.e. DVD-R disk type)

What might be causing the hard disk to spin continuously during this 0% encoding process?

Regards,

-Bill

The problem you describe of 0% progress is usually caused by your video card and drivers. To correct it, update to the most current drivers for your video card. If you already have the most current ones, uninstall them, reboot, then reinstall them. That should take care of the 0% progress.

Thanks everyone for your advice, but I am still not having any luck.

I did uninstall the drivers, reboot, then reinstall them and still nothing.

I am also now running Monzilla and have dumped IE 7. However, I can't get rid of the older version (6.0.2900.2180).

Anyway, still no luck.

I must say that I am terribly disappointed in this Roxio software. It spins the hard drive continuously when trying to get something done and takes a long time in doing so. I went to a friend's place last night and used Sony software to get the job done. It really made Roxio look like a joke.

My hat is off to all of you who have the patience for this, but I am at my whit's end and will try to get a refund.

Computer maintenance is a must when doing any video work. Have you checked your computer for malware/spyware using free programs such as Ad Aware or Spybot? Have you defragged your hard drive(s)?

Also, shut down any unecessary programs that you have running when the computer starts up. Especially Roxwatch and Drag to Disc, which you should disable via msconfig.

Thanks everyone for your advice, but I am still not having any luck.

I did uninstall the drivers, reboot, then reinstall them and still nothing.

I am also now running Monzilla and have dumped IE 7. However, I can't get rid of the older version (6.0.2900.2180).

Anyway, still no luck.

I must say that I am terribly disappointed in this Roxio software. It spins the hard drive continuously when trying to get something done and takes a long time in doing so. I went to a friend's place last night and used Sony software to get the job done. It really made Roxio look like a joke.

My hat is off to all of you who have the patience for this, but I am at my whit's end and will try to get a refund.

Thanks Paul.

I checked the video driver and it is up to date.

At your advice, I did download the latest DirectX, but this didn't fix it.

I get the same result (Current task: Encoding Movie (0%)) when trying any of the three options: Burn to Disk, Create ISO Image, or Create Folder Set. This would indicate it is not hardware related (i.e. DVD-R disk type)

What might be causing the hard disk to spin continuously during this 0% encoding process?

Regards,

-Bill

Archived